z

Young Writers Society

Intro

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:55 am
MLanders says...

Well, to make a long story short, my name is Melissa. I found YWS in November of 2007 and have been an "off and on" member ever since. I am now 21 years old, with 3 kiddos (all boys - two step kids, one biological), married, and still can't shake my need to write, so here I am again. I can't even remember where or how to start, but I'm wanting to try. My husband is going through back surgery on Thursday, school is out for the summer, and our 3 boys are young (ages 10 months, 6 years, and 7 years), so my stress level is quickly rising. For the time being, I am in school to become a certified medical assistant and x-ray technician while my hubby is the breadwinner. Once I graduate, the roles will reverse; he will go to school, and I will be the provider. Writing used to be a stress reliever and anxiety reliever for me so I am looking forward to starting again.

P.S. Some older users will probably remember me as "Monki." :-) Haha, the joys and memories of choosing usernames when you're 14.
"Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice. From what I’ve tasted of desire, I hold with those who favor fire..." -Robert Frost, "Fire & Ice"

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hey Melissa! Nice to know so much about you! :)

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS, Melissa!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:02 pm
EternalRain says...

Welcome to YWS! All the reviews, comments, and friendly support will help you with wrting! ^_^
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:25 pm
BlueSunset says...

Welcome to YWS!
busy throwing
words around

like a magician
casting spells.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:18 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to the site! :)
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf