z

Young Writers Society

A New Noob Joins!

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Mon May 11, 2015 6:27 am
EnderFlash says...

Hello, anyone who happens to read my post among dozens! Okay, that was some seriously awkward sentence structure there. ANYWAYS, thanks for clicking, and I totally understand if you never even get to this sentence!

Well, I just decided to join because my friend CorruptedRoseJen told me about this site, and since I can't post original works on Fanfiction and I might as well use this new site over Fictionpress, here I am. Struggling to find my way around this new web structure.

I love writing little stories that might spin off into an entire novel... in my head. I have a hard time getting committed to one idea, so you might see me leaving a bunch of unfinished ficlets in my wake. My poetry is absolute crap, partly because, unfortunately, I'm not the most avid poetry fan. Not saying that it's bad, just personal taste.

I'll try my best to leave reviews, but honestly, I'm not the one to usually stick around reading other's heartfelt works, instead spending my time on... more unproductive leisures. :|

Sometimes, I'll burst with a huge idea that my friends get involved in, or I'll get involved in one of their plots. These tend to stick around much longer, with them egging me on. :D

Well, thanks for reading! This shouldn't get much longer, so I'm going to dive right into publishing some works! ... Let's hope I don't spend a month moving through incomplete works before finally finishing one for the public...

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon May 11, 2015 10:03 am
crossroads says...

Hiya, welcome!

Unproductive leisures are fun - we all procrastinate way more than we should, everyone will admit that :mrgreen: Do keep in mind, though, that others will leave reviews on stuff you post, and repaying the favour is a nice thing to do - plus, it really makes one a better writer, and it gets you points you can use to post more stuff. ^-^

If you're into collaborative writing (and fanfiction), Storybooks might be a place for you, by the way! You'll find them here - they're stories written by teams of members, with all kinds of plots and characters. Check it out, if you would c:

Again, welcome aboard. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or troubles finding your way around. Same goes for your friend @CorruptedRoseJen there, who (if I'm not mistaking) also recently joined. So cool to see new(ish) members already recommending this place to their buddies!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed May 13, 2015 2:07 pm
PickledChrissy says...

Heya, Enderflash! Welcome to YWS! :D
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed May 13, 2015 2:37 pm
bellathebookworm says...

Welcome to YWS, Enderflash! What do you like to write?

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed May 13, 2015 10:09 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Heya EnderFlash and welcome to YWS! I am so excited that you happened to join, because I am sure that you will love it here if you are active enough ;)

I remember when I was first a new member,it was pretty tough to figure out the layout of this website, but I think that I latched on quickly and now I am an expert in navigating it! (and you can be too ;))

I suggest that you take a look at The Big Book of YWS Codes because I know that it really helped me code things on my post. But of course, you can always click full reply and that will suffice.

When you post a new work, it gets sent to the green room, which is where new works go. It will stay there, until you get 2 (hopefully helpful) reviews on it and then it goest to whatever category it is. We have some great and awesome reviewers here on YWS so you will be sure to get some advice.

I also wanted to point your attention to the tab on the top which is labeled (Blogs).Every user has their own blog in which they write in, and it's quite fun to read and write them. I would recommend that you check these out and maybe even start one yourself(if you have the time).

Sit down, buckle up, and enjoy YWS!

/pretzelsing/
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Wed May 13, 2015 10:23 pm
FireBird99 says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS! Cool name, by the way. :)
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.

I'm not quiet. I'm just plotting.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat May 16, 2015 3:26 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!

Have you read this article yet? This article practically saaaved my life, when I first joined. I hope it helps you out!

Let me know if you have any questions. :)
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon May 18, 2015 6:58 am
Iggy says...

Ayyyy @CorruptedRoseJen, already recruiting. I like it. Bring more friends.

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 18, 2015 7:13 am
CorruptedRoseJen says...

Iggy I would if I had friends QvQ

'EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY Ender! Have you been poking around the site? :D Try going on the forums if you need anything/just want to mess around. I suggest you try to do as many reviews as you can in your spare time, as it helps other people with their writing. It also improves your own skills. And is a fun excuse to get out of doing homework.

... Never mind, don't listen to me, I'm a bad example XD
My room is an insane asylum, and I am the patient.

Beware of Dog signs are overrated. Beware of Writer.

Warning! Crappy author at work! Any hapless bystanders/passerbys will be sentenced to an eternity of hell by eye-hurt :3

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue May 19, 2015 9:51 pm
EnderFlash says...

Thanks, everyone! :D I tend to write slow-paced stories, since I'm always compelled to stuff my chapters full of conversations and slice-of-life moments, so I'll try to cut to the chase better.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller