z

Young Writers Society

Hey

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Thu May 07, 2015 12:15 pm
View Likes
BC24 says...

So... I'm new here. Don't really know what to say... I have been posting my stories on other sites but I don't really get much feedback :( I'm starting to think I should just stop and write for no one but myself. Anyway, hope you're having a good day, I hope I'll be able to read some great stories here! :)

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu May 07, 2015 5:24 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Heya BC, welcome to YWS. Never ever give up on your writing(if it's your true passion). On YWS here we give a lot of feedback to stories published,so I am sure that yours will be payed attention to. On the top right hand corner of or website we have something called "Green Room". A newly posted work stays in there until you get two reviews. Many of our awesome reviewers go in there and dig through until they find a work that they want to review.

On YWS, it's a two system way. If you want to post a work,you have to get points by reviewing. So you get to critique another person's story(of your choosing.) It's really fun! If you need any help,you can PM any of the mods(their usernames are in green) and I am sure that they will be glad to help you and further explain stuff.

What genre do you like to write in?

Sit down,buckle up,and enjoy the ride!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Random avatar

Thu May 07, 2015 8:45 pm
BC24 says...

I like to write Romantic dramatic stuff, things that completely mess with people's emotions, make them cry and laugh, (I also used to write crime/romantic fanfics and now I'm working on my 1st original story) but I'm planning on writing other things like terror, it absolutely fascinates me. Thank you for your words, I understood a little better how things work around here. I like the Green Room idea and honestly it's very interesting that you can only post after reviewing other people and also that your review needs to have at least 4 or 5 sentences if I'm not mistaken :) No, I'll never give up on writing, don't worry ^^, I was just considering stop posting my stuff online since pretty much no one reviews it. But yeah, let's see how it goes around here :) thanks again!!

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu May 07, 2015 8:54 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Np. I like to read novels with romantic subplots-they're my favorites. imma very emotional person so I like stories that make me laugh and cry. Just please don't mess with my emotions. i have enough emotional problems as isOh ok I understand about the giving up on posting online but I think that you should give this website a try at least.

I would also recommend taking a quick look at the SB(Storybooks) an in the far right upper corner(in black). It's really fun to collaborate with other uses and create a masterpiece ;)

Hope that you enjoy your time and your stay here.

EDIT: If you are looking around for an avatar here is a website that I recommend to all of my friends. http://www.avatarsdb.com. Just choose any category you like and see which one suits you.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Wed May 13, 2015 11:33 pm
EternalRain says...

Welcome!

I hope you enjoy YWS, it's a very lovely website, and you get honest constructive feedback to help you improve.

:)
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

Random avatar

Fri May 15, 2015 9:04 am
BC24 says...

Pretzelsing, thanks for the avatar website ;) I may check it out ^^ I just didn't choose an avatar sooner because I was a little busy to sit down and change it, that's all :P I've been busy editing my chapter and reviewing here, I won my first star! Yay! xD ^^

EternalRain, thank you!! :D I can see that already! I got my 1st review here and let me tell you it was one of the most honest reviews I had ever received :) Good luck with your novel ^^

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat May 16, 2015 3:36 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hey there!

Yes, just like everybody has been saying. Everybody receives at least two reviews, but usually more. That's the beauty of YWS. :D

How have you been finding everything lately?
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon May 18, 2015 6:56 am
Iggy says...

Hey there! We also have mods in this shade and this shade! Feel free to bug any of us. :)

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

"Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood."
— George Orwell, 1984