z

Young Writers Society

Hello! :)

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:15 pm
View Likes
katjupi says...

Hi there! :) I'm just going to go ahead and introduce myself here...
My name's Kat! I'm an English Literature/Creative Writing student from the UK. I'm aged 23 but I still lack some common sense and don't really act my age so I hope I fit in here! XD

I've been writing since childhood. I'm never sure how to classify my writing into genres - whenever I start noticing a trend, sooner or later I surprise myself all over again! If I had to take a guess about the kinds of things I'm writing at the moment, it looks like I'm writing sci-fi , romance and a bit of general YA drama?

Same goes for reading, my tastes change all the time! Right now I'm getting really into 19th Century fantasy, autobiographies and Japanese light novels. Aside from the odd phase I go through, my bookshelves are always packed with fantasy, poetry, non-fiction and comedy. I've also built up quite the collection of graphic novels, manga and comics. Ahh, and I have this habit of collecting random magazines and newspapers!

Chocolate is probably my number one love after reading/writing, closely followed by animals. I also enjoy knitting, sewing, scrapbooking, naps, caffeine, video games, anime/manga, collecting plushies/dolls ...and that's all I can think of at the moment.
I'm chatty and a bit eccentric, but I hope you'll have me! :P
Can't wait to get to know some of you! :)

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:35 pm
BlueLitMoon says...

Hi Kat! :) I'm Cassie! It is great to meet you! I'm sure that everyone will accept you and bring you into our family! But our warn you we are very close! You seem like such a nice person and I can not wait to meet you! If you ever need anything just tell me. I can not promise I will be able to tell you everything but I will try my best! I thought that I could tell you a little about myself. I have a feeling that we are going to be great friends! Here are a few things about me.

I have been writing on and off for a long time. I have been doing the same thing with reading and drawing ect. I have a hard time sticking to one thing. It is something I am trying to improve on. Reading used to be a big hobby of mine. I know that it still is I just have to push myself to focus on that and not do other things. Same thing with all the others. I remember one of the first major things I had written was a poem in 7th grade. My teacher read it out loud to the class. I found myself inspired to write ever since then. And I have.

Beside s reading and writing I enjoy drawing, watching anime ( just watched my full length movie this weekend and it was amazing! :) ) I also love animals too! I tabs a dog named Spencer and a cat named Zigzag! They are both my babies! I call all of my pets my babies but you know! Spencer is a German Shepard and my cat is a Tabby. I got him from the ASPCA and we got our dog from an owner who raises and breeds dogs.

I am also 15 years old!

Hope we can meet up soon!

~CassieGillespie~
“...Despite the mayhem that followed, Bruno found that he was still holding Shmuel's hand in his own and nothing in the world would have persuaded him to let go.”

― John Boyne, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:25 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS!

gimme your chocolate
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:31 am
View Likes
donizback says...

Hello there, newbie.
Welcome to YWS. It's great to see you here.

Well, it's a pretty cool introduction of yours. Do you write poems too? Well, I do and I love reading poems as well. And yeah, I love stories too so I'd be waiting for you to post your works here.

Well, I hope you enjoy a lot here. I am here to help and so is almost everyone. You can ask the mods if you don't understand anything or if you are confused. I am not a mod You can ask me too!

Good luck and I hope to see you around soon.
Alone is what I have, alone protects me.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:10 pm
Urba says...

Wow wow wwwoo...dude ur soooo much like meeee...it's just that I'm a little really reallyy verbosee...and don't just freak out if I talk too much cause I actually talk a lot...oh yeah...I foegot to tell that I like ellipses veryii much...I'm really irritating sometimes i think cause i think people here kinda hate me...I dunno people get irritated as I really likefriends and other people...and I am a bit of...like...ehh...I didn't even introduced myself after I join here...though I have a few good friends( I don't care they like me or not but I like allof them...)...lots of goood wishes and happy chocmanga start...lots of dark kikolata...THIS IS AN AWESOME SITE FELLOWWW.........

~URBARIAZI
Last edited by Urba on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dancing slowly in an empty room
Can the lonely take the place of you
I sing myself a quiet lullaby
Let you go and let the lonely in
To take my heart again"
The Lonely-Christina Perri

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:16 pm
Amnesia says...

Welcome to Yws, My name is Memory and I'm all those memories you forgot, dont worry though, their very safe. I'm a kitten in my free time and a 17 year old girl when im not. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any of the wonderful mods we have on the site <3
I want a Harry Potter reboot with Benedict Cumberbatch as all the characters~~Mem
<3 Formerly Remembrance <3

This page supports the LGBTQ community

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:15 pm
View Likes
Pretzelstick says...

Hello and welcome to YWS. Points for the extra long introduction (jk ;))
I am glad that you are so enthusiastic about writing and joining here. I hope that you really enjoy your time. I would reckoned going over to the green room and checking out some works there. Maybe you could read one or them,like them and drop a review. Remember to keep then thoughtful and here are my the three steps that I always take
1.Tell them and and point it out in quote form
2.Tell them why it's wrong
3.And how to fix it
Don't sugarcoat anything and the best way to be a better reviewer is to read other peoples reviews. Try reading Deanie or Noelle the best reviewers around here in my opinion. They really shaped my reviewing style.
That's it from me. I hope that this is informative in some way.

P.S. Storybook Forum Resources that's an awesomeness resource that helps you understand my second favorite activity.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy