z

Young Writers Society

Faulker in the House, Yall

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:02 am
View Likes
FaulknerCannes says...

Soooo hi. I'm a new writer, currently 24 years old hitting 25 on March 21st. I have lived in Singapore my whole life, and I'm a really new writer. Like, i can't emphasize how new I am at writing. Like, I display all the signs of an amateur writer.

Anyway, that awkward opening aside... I enjoy anime, movies, the occasional video games, and sometimes comic books. My favorite superhero is Spider-Man, and my favorite movie is Toy Story 2. My favorite anime is Madoka Magica. Oh, and I like to browse YouTube videos. Like, a lot. It's often the cause of my procrastination these days, funny YouTube vids made by CollegeHumor and Cracked.

In terms of writing and reading... Yeah, I haven't read or wrote much. The only books I've read were "A Study in Scarlet", "Mass Effect: Revelation", and a few "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" game books like the "Give Yourself Goosebumps" series. Most of the other stuff I've read were comic books with pictures... Yeah, I'm that kind of guy, whom people would use "You wouldn't like this book - it's got no pictures on it." as an insult.

So why do I want to be a writer then? I don't, not really. I want to be a storyteller, and writing's just the most convenient way of being one, what with fan fictions and all. I once wanted to be a filmmaker, but that didn't work out, since I've rarely held a camera and shoot stuff like a real amateur filmmaker would. I can be pretty lazy when it comes to these stuff... Is my charming personality winning your affection yet? No? :(

Anyway, I finally got off my lazy bum and have began to work on this very old story I had in mind since long ago. I'll be updating my writing process in the blog very often, so check that if you want to. :)

Until then, hope to make friends... and other stuff. It's nice to meet you. :smt003

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:12 am
godlypopo says...

Welcome! If you need anything just ask!

Spoiler! :
I like anime too!
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:21 am
FaulknerCannes says...

godlypopo wrote:Welcome! If you need anything just ask!

Spoiler! :
I like anime too!

Cool. Thanks! :D

What's your favorite anime?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:33 am
godlypopo says...

Hmm either black butler or Tokyo ghoul, you?
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 am
View Likes
FaulknerCannes says...

godlypopo wrote:Hmm either black butler or Tokyo ghoul, you?

That's cool. Mine's Madoka Magica, Gintama, Aku no Hana, Watamote, Akazukin Chacha, and Nichijou. :D

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:11 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Welcome to YWS,I hope that you enjoy your stay here and grow in your writing! If you have any questions you could PM any mood (person with a green username) Here is a helpful writing articles all from YWS:
Writing Tutorials Article Index
Sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:39 pm
FaulknerCannes says...

pretzelsing wrote:Welcome to YWS,I hope that you enjoy your stay here and grow in your writing! If you have any questions you could PM any mood (person with a green username) Here is a helpful writing articles all from YWS:
Writing Tutorials Article Index
Sit down, buckle up, and enjoy the ride!

Thanks! :)

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:23 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Hey there!

Spoiler! :
Shh, I think your personality is fairly charming

Oh, I looove Spider-Man, although Batman is my favorite (does he even count as a superhero..) . AND TOY STORY, OMG. <3

Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to hit me up in chat if you want to talk sometime. :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

5 Reviews

Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:09 pm
View Likes
FaulknerCannes says...

ThereseCricket wrote:Oh, I looove Spider-Man, although Batman is my favorite (does he even count as a superhero..) .

Superpowers are too mainstream for him. 8)

ThereseCricket wrote:AND TOY STORY, OMG. <3

Pixar is mah luv. <3

ThereseCricket wrote:Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to hit me up in chat if you want to talk sometime. :D

Sure thing. ;)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:38 am
Iggy says...

Lovely intro! ^^

Welcome to the site~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

5 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:31 am
FaulknerCannes says...

Iggy wrote:Lovely intro! ^^

Welcome to the site~

Thanks. :)

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:35 am
Corncob says...

Hi, you do seem charming as Therese said and have you heard of the anime Attack on Titan? For an amateur writer, you're not half bad at writing ^^. Welcome to the site and let me know if you've got any questions!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:17 am
Holysocks says...

Welcome to the site! You seem like a lovely fellow. :3
Spider-Man is pretty amazing... >.>
100% autistic

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:30 am
rainforest says...

Welcome to YWS! If you need any help whatsoever, ask me, or anyone else here. Preferably the users in the green named. They know everything. Anyways, enjoy!
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:57 am
Hattable says...

Oh, I've seen you around a couple of times and assumed that you were an older member. I didn't know that you were so new. Welcome to YWS!
As you've seen before, on one of our encounters, I'm just the life of the party!
:P just kidding, though jokes and puns are nearly never-ending in my presence.

If you need any help getting around and understanding YWS more, feel free to ask anyone! I hope that you will find a new place to frequent here :D
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob