z

Young Writers Society

Faulker in the House, Yall

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:51 am
FaulknerCannes says...

1morestupidlovesong wrote:have you heard of the anime Attack on Titan?

Yep. I've watched the first season. It's a good anime, and I especially enjoyed the deconstruction of shounen anime, but I'm kinda annoyed by the misconception held by casual anime fans that it's one of the greatest anime series in history. :P

I don't mean to sound like an elitist, but the fact of the matter is there are plenty of series out there that are much better than AoT and definitely "Kill la Kill" (Mushishi, Kino's Journey, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and the Aoi Bungaku anthology come to mind). It's just a pet peeve of mine when people generalize anime using a popular series from mainstream media when the medium has so much potential for a wide variety of stories.

1morestupidlovesong wrote:For an amateur writer, you're not half bad at writing ^^.

In terms of technical writing, sure, but my creative writing skills still need tons of work, especially in the "Show Don't Tell" department. Ugh. I'm tearing my hair out just trying to figure out how to properly utilize that technique in my first draft, but I'm about to give up.

Holysocks wrote:Spider-Man is pretty amazing... >.>

Yes, he is. I particularly liked his perseverance, his "never quit" attitude no matter the odds. And of course, his wise-cracking is hilarious too. It's nice that Sony decided to finally show that part of him in his latest movie.

JKHatt wrote:As you've seen before, on one of our encounters, I'm just the life of the party!
:P just kidding, though jokes and puns are nearly never-ending in my presence.

Hah, that's okay. I can be a pretty light-hearted guy, so jokes and puns are fine and dandy. :D

Thanks for all the warm welcome, guys. ;) It's rare for an Internet community to respond this warmly towards newbies. Usually, they don't care to say more than "Hi, welcome to the forums," etc, etc. unless the OP said something funny or interesting. lol

Be steadfast as a tower that doth not bend its stately summit to the tempest’s shock.
— Dante Alighieri