z

Young Writers Society

Determined Writer Needs Help

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:36 am
Lightsong says...

Hey! I'm Labrador (this name is taken from another forum) and I'm a young writer from Malaysia, a Southeast country, which practices English as its second language. I'm a student who will be taking STPM exam this year (now I'm in second semester). I like writing stories that contain fantasy, emotional approach, and usual philosophy. At times I am interested to write mystery and horror stories, but those are harder to write. My regular weakness in making stories seem to be my poor grasp of grammar as well as creating cohesive and coherent sentences. I hope you guys can help me, and in the process become my my friends! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:25 am
AttackOfTheFlash says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! You'll find lots of help around here. :)
Are you living or simply existing?

472 Reviews

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:27 am
Lightsong says...

AttackOfTheFlash wrote:Hello and welcome to YWS! You'll find lots of help around here. :)

Thanks! I've skimmed around, and know for sure you are right! :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:18 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Hello and welcome to YWS! I am sure that you will find lots of help here, we all as writers kelp eachother improve and get better!

Are you a new member? Read me!

If you have any questions you could PM me or anyone else in green!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:46 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hey there, Labrador! Welcome aboard. :)

How are you finding things around YWS?
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

472 Reviews

Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:23 pm
Lightsong says...

@pretzelsing; Thanks for that, I'll remember it. :)

@ThereseCricket; Thanks. It have many interesting things so far. I hope time zone difference would not make my interaction with other members less. :)
Last edited by Lightsong on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- David L. Ulin

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:17 pm
Iggy says...

Don't out a space between the @ and the username when tagging. :) @labrador

Welcome to YWS! Lovely intro. :3
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

472 Reviews

Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:48 pm
Lightsong says...

@Iggy: Thanks for that. :3

- David L. Ulin

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence