z

Young Writers Society

A long time coming

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:28 am
View Likes
ArcticMonkey says...

Okay, so hi! I never made one of these posts and I know it's completely stupid to make one now but I'm just gonna do so because I feel like it's a common YWS experience we all need to share!

Hello, I'm ArcticMonkey, but everyone just calls me Tam. I live on a small island off the coast of the USA known as the UK, you may have heard of it [stolen]. I joined in 2009 after I was trying to look for this poetry society thing my mum wouldn't shut up about, but then found myself here.

I started off with just writing poems when I was younger but I moved onto prose, and now I don't really write much poetry. I enjoy writing stories which have some relevance in my life, such as about my local city and such. I like reading all sorts, apart from fantasy- but I'm not completely against it.

I have had two different usernames on here which were 'tam_ara' and then 'Inbetweener'. My decision to change it to its current form is no doubt because I adore the band. In fact I love listening to and making music, writing lyrics etc.

Anyways, I hope I didn't bore you all too much, why don't you tell me about yourselves :)

~Tam x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:35 am
Apricity says...

Hello <3

Welcome to YWS! Do you need a tour of YWS, or a watered-down version of its decade-long history? Of course, I didn't join last year. Pfffft.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:36 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Heya tam, nice to meet you even you are a junior mod. were you so bored that you made one of these? Anyways get back to writing poetry Tam is isn't that what you came here for? Now stop reading this post and go and be the inner poet!
Welcome to YWS!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:40 pm
Blues says...

beg

I live on a small island off the coast of the USA known as the UK, you may have heard of it [stolen].

Never heard of it. *cough*

Welcome to YWS!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:36 pm
Iggy says...

Who r u

Jk welcome, person who is older than I on the site. Shoulda made this years ago >_>
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

People ask if I ever experience writer's block and I just have to laugh... that's my default position.
— Aaron Sorkin