z

Young Writers Society

Greetings!

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:07 pm
TheLostDetective says...

Greetings, I'm TheLostDetective, I've recently gotten back into writing again. I've had a very on off relationship with it spanning from age 14 to present day.

The old writing forum that I used to use however has gotten much more desolate (I'mnotgoingtomentionanynames) compared to this wonderful website of activity, and so I've decided to relocate!

I write fiction, I typically prefer writing sci-fi and fantasy, but lately I've been taking an interest in writing a mystery/thriller. I'm also a huge fan of detective shows and more importantly a huge fan of Sherlock written or on screen. Other detective shows I enjoy are Psych and Monk.

So in conclusion, Hello and I hope to enjoy my stay here :mrgreen:

----TLD

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:11 pm
Firestarter says...

Hi TheLostDetective! Let's hope you lose the definitive article from your name, as you've found a home.

Something this site has always needed more of is science-fiction, so I'd be happy to read any of that you've written. Maybe you could incorporate your new interest in mystery into science-fiction? Genre blending is the best.

Anyway, welcome, and let me know if you have any questions!

- Jack
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:32 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

Hello, and welcome to YWS!

YWS is a very active site, I can't keep up sometimes, but that's what makes it great. I look forward to seeing your sci-fi/fantasy/ whatever you decide to post!

If you have any questions feel free to ask me, I'd be happy to help!

~ArcticMonkey x
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:28 am
Pretzelstick says...

Heya mystery is a fun genre to read and so I am looking forward to reading and maybe reviewing some of your works. Welcome add a newbie and I hope that you will find your way quickly and get adjusted to how we do things here! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:51 am
TheLostDetective says...

Ahh thank you for all of your welcomes :D three on the first day wooo, and if I have any questions I'll be sure to run them by you guys. Thanks again! :smt003

346 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:32 pm
Pretzelstick says...

No problem Detective, by the way where did you get your avatar?What is it exactly?
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:50 am
TheLostDetective says...

I can't remember where I originally found it, it's been on my laptop for awhile now. It's the detective L from the popular manga/anime Deathnote. :D I've been recently been getting back into anime and manga, and at the moment that's my all time favorite.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:42 am
Pretzelstick says...

Oh ok, that's cool!? If and when you post a new work please just let me know! Thanks because I would like to read it!
~George R. Martin

got yws?

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:27 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!

Ohh, detective stories and sci-fiction. YWS could definitely use more writers in that genre. Let me know when you post something; I'd be happy to read something by you.

PM me or post a comment on my wall if you ever have any questions~

Hope you enjoy yourself here! :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:57 pm
Blues says...

Hey there, LostDetective! Welcome to YWS!

I tend to write in quite similar genres and I haven't read much of those on here! (Mostly because I haven't found them, I guessed. xD Do let me know if you post something!

If you've got any questions, just give me a shout! Stick around,

~ Blues

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:35 pm
Iggy says...

We've already met in chat, but regardless, welcome to YWS. Nice to see you finding your way around. ^^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart