z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

Reviews: 2
Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:09 am
View Likes
Bobster28 says...

Hello,

I'm a Swiss/British guy and I love writing and reading (like most people here I guess) and I also watch a lot of anime.

This seems like a great site with really nice people and I'm amazed by how much feedback I've already gotten.

I don't really know what else to say here so I'll just leave it at that :)

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:13 am
steampowered says...

Hello, and welcome to YWS!

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:53 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Hiya Bob! Welcome to YWS. :-) I'm Tri, one of the site's junior modrators, so if you have any questions ask away! All of us with green names are here to help! Don't let my overuse of exclamation marks scare you XD.

So what do you like to write? Are you a poetry or prose person (or do you dabble in both)? Hope to keep seeing you around the site! :D
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:25 am
Bobster28 says...

Prose I guess as in I like to write short stories from time to time just for fun. I don't really have any time for anything longer than that though sadly.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:54 pm
Iggy says...

Hello, Bobster! Rad username. ;)

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:40 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hey, Bobster!

Welcome to YWS~
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:16 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Heya Bobster- BTW you are right, yes almost every member here likes to read and write :D I assure you that you will find someone with an interest in the same books or genre as you do!

Here is the big book of YWS codes ;)

I hope that you enjoy your stay and I have to say that your username is very creative!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:00 pm
Bobster28 says...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:06 pm
Pretzelstick says...

@Bobster28 You are very welcome from all of us. We are all a very warm ;) community that is close-knit and all has the same interest and passion(writing)
Hope that you enjoy your stay here and I am looking forward for you to post a story or something on here!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:13 pm
HibiscusBlush says...

Bobster28 wrote:This seems like a great site with really nice people and I'm amazed by how much feedback I've already gotten.

Isn't it awesome? c: You gotta love YWS! It'll do that to ya! (did that sound corny? ...oh well *shrug*)

Good to have you aboard, Bobster :D Welcome, indeed!
Previously known as Aloha

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:02 am
Aley says...

Hiya Bob!

I'm glad you decided to join us. One of the things that I hear a lot about that whole time problem is to carve time out of your day for writing and then dedicate that time to just that. A Latina writer (Judith Ortiz Cofer) created that time by waking up an hour earlier, warming up with writing poems, revising, so forth, then working on moving forward. Honestly that's too much dedication for me.

What do you think about the idea?

Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:09 pm
Bobster28 says...

Aley wrote:Hiya Bob!

I'm glad you decided to join us. One of the things that I hear a lot about that whole time problem is to carve time out of your day for writing and then dedicate that time to just that. A Latina writer (Judith Ortiz Cofer) created that time by waking up an hour earlier, warming up with writing poems, revising, so forth, then working on moving forward. Honestly that's too much dedication for me.

What do you think about the idea?

Well to be honest that's also too much dedication for me. I've tried several times in the past to wake up 1-2h earlier for schoolwork or to work out and it's never really worked for me. I'm just not a morning person and can't resist the temptation to snooze the alarm clock...

I also barely find any time to write other than school, especially since when I have free time I use it up with reading books.

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream