z

Young Writers Society

Hello.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:26 pm
littlemac64 says...

Good day every one. I'm new here and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to write in this box. This is the first time I've ever used a forum before so it feels a little strange to post an introduction.

In any event I suppose I will be in everybody's care from here on.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:14 pm
View Likes
HibiscusBlush says...

Hey littlemac :D Welcome to YWS!

What better forum to be on for the first time than this one! YWS is such a warm and welcoming community that can help improve your writing skills, and its just a fun place to be and talk and make friends on. Good to have you aboard!

If you have any questions, members with red usernames are the admins, and members with dark green and light green usernames are the moderators, so they can definitely help you. Generally, however, you can feel free to ask anyone anything, anytime! :wink:

So, do you write often? What kind of writing do you like? :smt003
Previously known as Aloha

232 Reviews

Reviews: 232
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:25 pm
View Likes
rainforest says...

Welcome to YWS littlemac!

As @Aloha said, YWS is a warm place and a welcoming community that can improve your writing skills. It is a really fun experience, so join on in with the rest of us. I am glad that you came. If you need help, ask me or any other YWSer! Preferably the ones with the green names.
this account proudly supports lgbt rights

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:29 pm
littlemac64 says...

Sorry for the late reply, I have yet to grasp how to make a reply :( . Anyway I do write from time to time though not very often. As for what writing I like I mostly enjoy fantasy, after all, why focus on the real life when a made up one is far more interesting.

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:34 pm
View Likes
steampowered says...

Hello, littlemac64! Welcome to YWS! Hopefully you'll love the site as much as I (and probably most of the active members on here) do, and get to know some other writers! :)

Fantasy has got to be the awesomest genre. ;) I love making up new worlds, so I totally agree with you. And feel free to ask if you have any questions about the site!
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:48 pm
Holysocks says...

Welcome to the family!!! :-P If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! Also the folks with the names in green are there to help- really just everyone is mostly happy and willing to help. :-P
100% autistic

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:47 pm
HibiscusBlush says...

@littlemac64, You'll get the hang of things in no time :)

That's pretty much my perspective for one of my novels -- a realistic story, though; I created this amazing fictitious, tropical island (in my opinion :smt003) and I'm working on its own history, government, holidays, livelihood, all the details! I'm really into geography so I go there. ;)

When/if you ever decide to post something, I'd like to read it. :)
Previously known as Aloha

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:55 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome! Forums are pretty easy to use, but if you're in need of a guide, feel free to PM me. :)

Enjoy the site~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hello! Welcome to the site~

Don't worry about having problems navigating the forums at all. :) They get easier over time and everybody is always super helpful and friendly, so be sure to ask anybody if you are in need of some help.

Let me know if you need anything~
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:13 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Heya littlemac, another YWS member welcoming you into our fold!
Here are two helpful guides that I like to give to newbies:
Storybook Forum
Maybe you can become a part of one of the storybooks and polish up your writing skills! As ThereseCricket said, navigating the forums will get easier and easier as you get more experience.

Here is an FAQ for users link: Click here

Also if you need help with anything just tell me!Hope that you have a really great time in this warm family!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:58 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hi hi!

Another fantasy writer! THere are quite a few of us around. It's okay if you don't write all that often— YWS has a bunch of other things to do that don't centre around you putting up your works for review! You can collaborate, help others, review, or just hang out and do a bunch of cool stuff.

Let me know if you need anything!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

You can cut all the flowers, but you cannot stop Spring from coming.
— Pablo Neruda