Young Writers Society

Arctaire/Brad

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:06 pm
View Likes
Arctaire says...

Hey y'all,

I'm new to YWS and to writing as well. I started writing a book not too long ago because I had an idea and I just couldn't get it out of my head... so it went on paper in hopes of turning into something.

My name is Brad (Arctaire is kind of my fantasy name/ gamertag for games), I'm 22 and I'm kind of anti social, but not really by choice. People just kind of suck, but hey that's why I'm loving exploring this new side of me (writing). I'm horrible at these types of things, so If you have questions just ask.

I'm excited to be a part of this site, seems like a great place to get help and just share your ideas.

Like I said before, I am very new to writing. What I've done is my first try at any creative writing, and I really appreciate everyone's comments/advice/reviews ( thank you :) )

Hope you like what I write, and I'm excited to read all your stuff. See you around :)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:24 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Welcome to YWS, Brad!

This is an awesome place for young writers. What's your book about? ;)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:38 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

Welcome to YWS, Brad!

We're all writers here, so you'll fit right in. If you've got any questions, shoot me a PM.

Enjoy your time here!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:02 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Hello, Brad! Welcome to the site!

How have you been finding your stay so far? I'll be sure to take a look at your story. :)

Let me know if you need anything!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:13 pm
TimmyJake says...

HAI ARCTAIRE

I've already had the pleasure of meeting your writing, and it's lovely. c: Welcome to YWS! If you ever need anything or want to talk with someone, come find me. :)
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:30 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Welcome to the chillest little private island this side of that volcano over in the corner. I hope you love it here as much as we do. c:
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:35 pm
Iggy says...

Welcome. ^^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:56 pm
View Likes
Arctaire says...

Thanks all :)

If anyone is interested my books is called Reverent, it's a fantasy world of three main races Humans, Elves, and Angels. I'm trying to hopefully not follow the main/common backgrounds of those races and I'm making up unique histories for each. There are going to be other races, but they probably won't play that big of a role unless I randomly fall in love with the idea.

There will be magic, cause magic is awesome. And I think I have a semi unique idea so hopefully it works out the way I'm envisioning.

So far I only have 2 parts of chapter 1 one done(written but not edited to completion) and a general outline for the next few chapters. I don't know how long the book will be, but it'll have to end at some point.

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 pm
steampowered says...

Welcome to YWS, Arctaire! Your story sounds amazing and I'd love to read some of your work! :)
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:31 pm
Willard says...

Welcome!

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:23 am
HibiscusBlush says...

Hey Brad, welcome to YWS! c:

Happy to hear you found an idea your excited to write about! I love those!

You might know about it already, but if you don't, the Writing Tutorials Article Index can be really helpful to you.

You can find it in the Knowledge Base forum (or by clicking the link there ;)). It's an index page with tips to help write every aspect of a novel. It's really helping my progress with my own novels.

Nice to meet you and welcome, again! c:
Previously known as Aloha

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:18 am
Holysocks says...

Welcome to the family~ *throws cookies*
100% autistic

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone