Young Writers Society

Hello guys ^_^

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:43 pm
View Likes
TheSparringPanther says...

Hello guys, my name is TheSparringPanther, calling me Panther is just fine~

I'm 18 years old, live in Holland, I am a law student and am fairly new to writing. English isn't my first language, so bear with me here ^_^

I've always had a passion for creating something - mostly stories or so. The work I've posted are mostly what would fall into the 'fan fiction' category, but I've tried to work on other kind of projects as well.

I like to read mostly thriller novels (Agatha Christie comes to mind) and fantasy stories, though this is mostly manga and already kinda deters from the novel-type of layout :')

In general I appreciate intelligent, dark and gritty stories. Stories and characters I think of (when *attempting* to write ideas down) mostly fall into this category.

I think this place is pretty amazing. For now I've mostly worked and talked with a lot of people from other forums where writing and fiction and such isn't the focus. By chance I found this place, and I'm pretty amazed I didn't find this place earlier. Even when busy with doing NaNoWriMo-related 'research' I didn't find this place. It lives and breathes (unlike other forums and such which have died out because of lack of activity), and the stuff on here is pretty qualitative. I read a few poems and stories before applying, and I'm impressed by the sheer amount of entries in here.

I hope I can make a meaningful contribution to this society! Thank you for reading!
Last edited by TheSparringPanther on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Glory... Lies beyond the horizon!"
— Rider, Fate/Zero

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:50 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Hey, Sparring! Welcome to the site! I hope you like it here! This site is really amazing. I am so glad you joined!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:11 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome, Panther!

Yes, from what I've seen out there, YWS is the best place for people wanting to be writers. It just is. Be sure to ask if you need anything! :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

10 Reviews

Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:27 pm
View Likes

Thank you! Really nice to see that everyone here is so receptive, I've seen worse than this :/

Hope to see you all around here~
— Rider, Fate/Zero

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:52 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Yay, another non-English person :mrgreen:
There's quite a few of us around here, so don't worry about it being your second language - if anything, this place really helps when it comes to finding alternate ways of saying stuff, grammar and all the finesses of the language which schools usually don't teach on ESL courses. From my experience, anyway.

If you need help with navigating or anything (or really just random talk xP), feel free to poke me on my wall or PM or chat or whatever~

"And Then There Were None" is so far my favourite by Agatha Christie, by the way. I think that's the English translation of it, anyway <.<
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:22 pm
View Likes
godlypopo says...

Welcome! :)
Our mind is a network of doorways, each one leading to a different room of thoughts and imagined ideas. Every time we read or learn about something new, a new network of doorways is born

Smile

10 Reviews

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm

AriaAdams wrote:Yay, another non-English person :mrgreen:
There's quite a few of us around here, so don't worry about it being your second language - if anything, this place really helps when it comes to finding alternate ways of saying stuff, grammar and all the finesses of the language which schools usually don't teach on ESL courses. From my experience, anyway.

If you need help with navigating or anything (or really just random talk xP), feel free to poke me on my wall or PM or chat or whatever~

"And Then There Were None" is so far my favourite by Agatha Christie, by the way. I think that's the English translation of it, anyway <.<

Ah yes, that's my favorite as well! Beautiful piece of literature (:

And thank you, I might just do that ^^
— Rider, Fate/Zero

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:46 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Hey Panther, welcome to the family!

Honestly, your English seems way better then mine, and I was born with the language! XD

I think all the other online forums for writing are inactive because they all came here... that's my theory anyway! =P

You sound like a pretty cool person, I hope to get to know you better some day! If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me. :-D
100% autistic

10 Reviews

Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:13 pm
View Likes

Holysocks wrote:Hey Panther, welcome to the family!

Honestly, your English seems way better then mine, and I was born with the language! XD

I think all the other online forums for writing are inactive because they all came here... that's my theory anyway! =P

You sound like a pretty cool person, I hope to get to know you better some day! If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask me. :-D

Thank you (:

I might take you up on that haha

Gawd, I've been browsing through clubs, forums, poems and stories... How come I didn't find this place earlier *_*
— Rider, Fate/Zero

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:10 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Welcome to the site! We're happy to have you. :) Let me know if you have any questions, I will do my best to help you out. Have a nice day!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:21 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 pm
View Likes
Apricity says...

Welcome to YWS! I'm an ESL as well, if you have any questions regarding the site or just need someone to chat with. Feel free to message me! I hope you enjoy your time at YWS!
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:35 pm
View Likes
Pompadour says...

You can never have too many ESL users! Welcome!
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

10 Reviews

Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Thank you all ^_^

Merely curiosity, but what would your first languages be then~?
— Rider, Fate/Zero

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights