z

Young Writers Society

Hello, everybody.

Reviews: 3
Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:53 am
View Likes
Kanaya says...

Hi guys. I'm in my final year of high school in Australia. I used to write a lot for fun, and then once I began high school I've not had much time. Recently I've been going through a lot and realized letting it out onto paper (or Word document!) is a great way to relax, calm down, and just let it all go. I've been looking for a place I can share my writing with you all. I hope I can make some friends here. :)

-Kan

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:26 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS! :-)

Yay, another Aussie YWSer! :-) I'm starting my final year of high school here next year (not that it seems real, right now. I don't think I ever really was able to comprehend being in a year level any higher than year nine). Well, I guess technically I already started next year's classes, but I'll be a proper year twelve next year. :-)

I'm Sarah, by the way. I'm an over-user of emoticons, I've recently realised, and you'll usually find me lurking around the site somewhere. I'm always happy to chat, so if you've got any questions or would just like to talk, feel free to wander by my wall. :-)

I totally agree about writing being a great method for relaxing. I know I always feel stacks better when I've been writing than when I haven't.

What kind of stuff do you like to write? Are you a poet or do you write stories? Any genre you prefer? :-) Sorry if that feels like a question overload.

YWS is a really great place for sharing your writing and making friends, so I hope to be seeing you round. Hope you enjoy yourself here. :-)

Happy writing!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Reviews: 3
Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:00 am
Kanaya says...

I'll be a proper year twelve next year, too! The only thing that's making this seem real for me is that I'm getting a custom jacket >.>

I like to write short stories, mostly based on personal experiences. Sometimes I'll get a message from somebody that really strikes me hard, and I'll write a story around it. This is what inspired me to join this website. My first piece that I'm actually submitting right now (once I get my head around the formatting, gulp) is about a message I received a few hours ago. I didn't know what to do about it so I just wrote everything I was feeling and constructed it into a short story.

Thank you for your kind words. :) I hope to see you around, as well!

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

My school's got a thing against having custom jackets for year twelve (the varsity jackets, that is) but we've got cardigans for the year 11s and 12s which are pretty nice, and sweatervests too. :-)

I've found that the formatting's not too diabolical to deal with for short stories, the only problem I've had is when you want double spacing between paragraphs (rather than just as though you'd hit Enter once, if that makes any sense whatsoever). My only troubles with formatting tend to relate to the occasional pieces of poetry I've posted. Essentially unless you've got anything fancy going on, YWS tends to be pretty user-friendly, and even then it's not too painful. :-)

I kind of wish I was able to write about my feelings as short stories, but whenever I do they end up as total mush XP. I personally tend to write poetry as getting emotions out, and then stories are more questions or ideas I want to explore. :-) I guess it sucks that you get messages that affect you badly, but at least you've found an outlet to deal with it. :-)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:17 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!

Let me know if you need anything. ^ ^
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:54 pm
r4p17 says...

Welcome to the site! I am glad you too find writing relaxing! Sometimes I think that the only time I really enjoy myself when I am writing or reading a good book!!!!!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:52 am
Iggy says...

HELLO KANAYA.

Welcome to YWS. We love Aussies. :D

Lemme know if you need help a'lookin around~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson