z

Young Writers Society

Hey guys

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:37 am
View Likes
Josie98 says...

Hey, My name is Josie, Im 16 and I live in the Northwest corner of the US...
For as long as I can remember I have always wanted to write. When I was little I used to try and write books all the time, but I never did finish one until 2012. Finishing that first book gave me this desire to write more. I have written 3 books and Im working on my 4th now. I wish I had more time to write, I seriously could probably write day and night for years before tiring of it. But as it is I have other things such as school to do, and so I dont write near as much as I would like. But still, I plan on spending the rest of my life writing, I would love to become an author one day, but Im caught between two thoughts, one that I will never make it, that I have no chance of actually becoming a well known author, and the other thinking I can do anything I set my mind to.
So for now I just want to work on my books, write as much as I can and hopefully publish a book one day!!! :D

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:55 am
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to YWS!

It's awesome that you're so dedicated to writing. I'm unfortunately not nearly as dedicated to my writing and just consider it another art to master. ;)

Hope you're able to publish one day! :D We'll help you to the best of our ability to accomplish your goal. ;)

Welcome!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:49 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

An official welcome to the site, Josie! :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:49 am
View Likes
Burrow says...

Welcome to the site!

I hope you love it here!

I do!

And its great to see you have always loved writing, and I also hope you get a book published, I will buy it, and be the first do! and Also I try never to think will it be good enough. Just write even if its bad, never worry that you are bad. and if you work hard enough you will make it!!

So welcome!!

If you need any help feel free to message or PM me!

Jack
“The end of suffering does not justify the suffering, and so there is no end to suffering, what a mess I am, I thought, what a fool, how foolish and narrow, how worthless, how pinched and pathetic, how helpless."

~Extremely loud and incredible close

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:59 pm
View Likes
Audy says...

Nice to meet you Josie! I'm one of those -will-write-for-my-entire-life as well :) As long as you keep writing and you never stop, then don't worry, I'm almost certain you'll reach your goal eventually.

Let me know if you have any questions about the site, and feel free to link me to any works you post on the site.

~ Auds

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:45 am
JumpyDot says...

You're on 4?! Brandon Sanderson wrote five before he started submitting. If you're writing these things as practice, I think you're gonna be decent at writing books by the time you get published.
You'll hear the bit about the "You can't make money as a writer." However there is a whole conference devoted to saying differently by a bunch of different proffessional-writers. It's called superstars of writing seminar. That got me out of the depression loop of the "No money in writing" bit.
Anyway, welcome to YWS! I hope you enjoy it here.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:30 am
r4p17 says...

Welcome to the site!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

If a story is in you, it has to come out.
— William Faulkner