z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:46 pm
View Likes
Catawing says...

Hello! I was in my writing club today and a teacher mentioned this website and I decided to check it out. I can't wait to explore the rest of the site :D My username, Catawing, is actually the name I use for my main character in one of my stories (probably won't be posted for awhile, I keep rewriting it) and you may have already met me on some other forums.

I have a tendency to talk a lot and write even more (my friends absolutely hate texting me because I type up paragraph replies) but that's just because I have opinions on almost everything. :smt003 Also, I can be very sarcastic sometimes, but I'm never sarcastic to be cruel or offensive. I use my sarcasm powers for good--er, well maybe "good" is a bit of stretch...I use my sarcasm powers for neutrality?

I used to really like reading, but last year writing was over-analyzed in school and now reading isn't fun for me anymore :( Fantasy used to be my favorite, but I haven't really found anything "new", you know? It's all the same basic plot in almost every story, and that bothers me. While I write up my stories I will also be exploring new genres so that maybe I can find something I enjoy again.

I think three paragraphs is a good intro, right? Sorry for the long post. This was my reaction after realizing I basically typed up an introductory essay: :thud:

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:16 am
Mea says...

Hi and welcome! I'm really new here too.

It's a shame about the over-analysis. I hope you re-discover a love of reading soon! Thankfully, I actually enjoy that sort of thing, so high school English is a lot easier to sit through.

If you're looking for a really good fantasy author, try Brandon Sanderson. He's written a ton of really good fantasy books, and he's probably my favorite author.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:25 am
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to the site!

I looove fantasy so you and I should get along great! Hope you enjoy yourself here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me! I'm always available. ^-^
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 pm
EscaSkye says...

Hi! Welcome aboard, Catawing.

I like fantasy too! Hopefully, you get to find something you would enjoy reading here. I think there are tons of works here that are unique, be it the plot itself or how the author plays and writes the work. I'm fairly new too, having just joined a few months ago, but if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them. So if you want, you can just shoot me a message. :D
Not anymore.

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:43 pm
JumpyDot says...

Welcome to YWS!
Since fantasy is kind of my baby I kind of screamed at my screen for a while, but fear not! For I have come with books with many different story types.
Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Anything by Terry Pratchett

Now you may thank me for making you read 250k+ books. :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:40 pm
Iggy says...

Yay for teachers recommending YWS!

Welcome to YWS. :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:41 pm
kingofeli says...

Welcome to YWS, Catawing!

I see we have the same problem with writing/talking too much--I tend to be a huge chatterbox, and I have a problem with (when I'm texting/chatting) to randomly insert a break between sentences so it looks like I'm spamming the chatbox x.x but I think we'll get along well here!

I'm afraid I don't read much fantasy so I don't have any suggestions, but if I have any at some point, I'll be sure to tell you! I hope you like it here.
Feel free to just randomly message me, I get bored easily.

I'm a black, non-binary transgender boy, who is a Christian witch (tentative for now). I'm also a panromantic asexual. I sell poetry; contact me if you're interested in buying poems from me.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:27 pm
Catawing says...

Hello again :) I'll keep an eye out for Brandon Sansderson and Patrick Rothfuss the next time I go to the library (I've read all the Terry Pratchett books there, I really liked anything involving Discworld, Nations, and Dodger). I really liked Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce, but I never got a chance to read any of her other books (somebody checked out almost all of her books and never returned them). I don't have any questions (yet--still exploring the site :D ). Thank you all for the warm welcome :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal