z

Young Writers Society

Howdy!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:07 am
BarnOwl55 says...

Hi all!

I stumbled upon this site and was wondering what it was all about. I want to write more, read more, and overall chat with other writers/readers. So how does this all work? Any tips or suggestions on getting more involved on here?

Thanks!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 am
TigersMoon says...

Hello! I'm glad you chose to stay here.
On here, you submit a work (chapter, poetry, shorts, etc.) and other people can read it and review it. By review other people's works, you get points based on how long your review was. You need points to submit works.
To get involved, chat with others. Answer questions (once you know more), participate in the games (Randomosity), review, write, and most importantly do not linger. By linger I mean don't do anything on here, just lurk.
Don't be afraid to questions! We're all eager to help. If someone posts something mean, go ahead and report them. Most of your site questions can be answered in the Information Desk. I hope you have a fun time on here!

-M.P. Tigers
Three ghosts in the lighthouse

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:59 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS :)

My name's Iggy and I'm a moderator for the site. Don't hesitate to PM me if you've any questions or concerns!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:12 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hello there! Welcome to YWS! Let me know if you need anything! :)
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:30 pm
Evander says...

Hello, BarnOwl! Welcome to YWS. :D I hope you have a long, and wonderful stay here.

mptigerswriter covered a lot of the site, but I would head over to the FAQ for new users to see more about the site!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:54 pm
deleted5 says...

Howdy BarnOwl! If you have any questions feel free to ask me!
Enjoy this picture of a barn owl.
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:14 pm
r4p17 says...

Welcome to the site! Seeing as mpt already explained how the site works, I won't go into that! But just so you know, fox hats look awesome on your avvie! ;)
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:02 pm
SkyeWalker says...

Welcome, @BarnOwl55!!
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying