z

Young Writers Society

while I pondered, weak and weary...

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:05 pm
View Likes
amidnightdreary says...

I finally gave in and decided to join this site because of NaNo. I've been to others, but this seems like the best fit for my personality. Though, I'm pretty sure being here is definitely going to hinder my wordcount productivity.

I like to write darker stuff. Not necessarily horror or anything too morbid, but I always gravitate toward the weird and unsettling. The Strange.

I love this time of year, with Halloween and then the snow. I actually had my first snowfall today! I took it as a good omen. I've never completed any stories outside of soulless required writing back in high school, so I'm hoping to make some friends who will give me a good kick in the butt when I'm slacking :) It's been so difficult to begin writing because I'm such an indecisive person, and I fear mediocrity. All the while realizing that I'm not even mediocre! I'm nothing as of yet lol. But give me time.

Reading is my soulmate. I prefer 18th and 19th century classics, historical fiction, and literary fiction. My favorite authors are Emily Bronte, Oscar Wilde, Rilke, and P. G. Wodehouse! But of course I'm always looking for recommendations, and I enjoy reading a wide variety of material, so please don't be shy!
Last edited by amidnightdreary on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable."
- Banksy

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:27 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to YWS! ^-^
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:03 pm
crossroads says...

Welcome!
Your choice in both writing and reading sounds very similar to mine (although one might not say so browsing just through my works posted on the Internet xP), I'm looking forward to reading your works.
Oh and if you need any help, whether to get around or anything else, feel free to let me know :)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:37 am
LadySpark says...

Hi! I'm Spark, and you sound like you'll be a fantastic addition to yws! I'm so excited. If you ever need to get your word count up in NaNo, feel free to come into the YWS chatrooms (Link on the side bar on the home page) and ask if anyone wants to word war.
(If you don't know what that is, you set a time and you try to write as many words as you can in that set time). We'd be happy to help you stick to your goals! :) I'm so glad you found us. If you have any questions, just ask.

Spark
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:11 am
Dreamy says...

Welcome to the site~ :D
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:57 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Ooh, that title! I smell a poet in our midst...

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 0
Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:05 pm
amidnightdreary says...

Thank you everybody for the warm welcomes :D I don't have anything to share quite yet, but my NaNo novel is coming along really well.

I don't know if I'm much of a poet lol, unless a penchant for purple prose counts :p
"Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable."
- Banksy

The capacity of human beings to bore one another seems to be vastly greater than that of any other animal.
— H. L. Mencken