z

Young Writers Society

How's tricks, folks? Because 'hello' is too mainstream.

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 pm
View Likes
Freddy says...

How's it going? My name is Frederick, Freddy. Nah, nah. Not Freddie. There's already Freddie Mercury, Freddie Prinze and Freddie Krueger, and as much as I like them (except the last fellow), I want to stay original (besides those millions of people called 'Freddy'). But you can call me however you want, I just wanted to clear the fog about my name, before moving forward.

So, let's begin. Let me tell you something about myself.

I'm 18 years old, which means I have to pay more for everything in public service (aaand I can legally drink. Wow, a news!). I'm a dark blonde hombre with a classic undercut hairstyle. I guess I can consider myself a fan of everything that's classic. Classic music, classic style, classic movies, even classic classics (Yeah, I've said it). I'm just kinda old-school, but I also love technology. Mix of both, modernism, presence and futurism.

I was born in Warsaw, Poland, but I'm living abroad since Summer of '11. Quite frankly, I don't consider myself a patriot. Never seen the urge, no matter what our history was/is. Please, don't lambast me, but I rather see myself as a citizen of Earth than one specific area. I'm open to new experiences, hence I think that everything is for people. We shouldn't limit ourselves, and it's only up to us what we choose to do, think, eat, drink, wear, say, et cetera.

I'm actually interested in American culture, not to say obsessed. I love Spanish, Italian and French culture as well. After graduating from college/university, I can see myself packing my bags, getting on a plane and go all-in and root somewhere in Cali or NYC. Don't know how it's going to turn out, but life is all about choices. One leads to another. First humans were nomads, and I'm sure that we still have this adventurous will hidden somewhere deep down in our souls.

A propos California. I'm a zealous fan of Californication TV series. If you haven't seen it yet, go and see it. It's about a writer, just so you know ;) Mature content, but everything's for people, I say. Not to mention, The Sopranos, Suits (love this one) and House of Cards (Spacey, the man) are my favorite TV series. The list goes on, but this is the top.

I love cinematography too. Don't mind picking a great movie and watch it. Every film has a hidden message, even the queerest ones. We just have to read between the lines. That's why I love screenplays. Good movie is like an enigma--it takes a while to decipher it.

I am attending English Literature, Creative Writing, History and Performing Arts classes. Coursework is quite heavy, but teachers are amazing in explaining, and I gotta say this: I'm inspired by my classes. There, I've said it.

Finishing my 'hello thread,' I am happy to be a part of YWS forums and looking forward to our journey, I and you are a part of. I'm hoping for the best. Tell me something about yourself, fellas.

Freddy.
"Be self-employed, get a job, and mind your own business."
- Myself

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:48 am
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!

My name is Therese, but you can call me Cricket. Hehe, I think I'll just call you Freddy for now, or it might get complicated later on.

I'm from the United States, Oregon to be exact. I'm a proud patriot but it's cool that that you don't call yourself one. Where ever your loyalties lie, I guess. :D Seeing as your loyalties lie with the entire Earth, you should do fine. xD

I'm fifteen, but will be sixteen very soon. Stay off the roads! I'm extremely interested in classical music, and I'm aspiring to be a concert pianist by at least the time that I turn eighteen. Don't know how that's going to go, but I'm hoping for the best! ;) Beethoven would be my favorite composer, and I looooovvvveee Mozart and Vivaldi as well. Could play for hours if I were allowed. ;) My favorite past time really.

Writing is something that I'm planning on doing on the side, but I'm also planning on being published someday, if I can get good enough. I'm somebody who loves starting four or five different story ideas at one time and then not finishing any, so I'm not sure how that plan is going to go. :P

Well I hope this enough about me! Welcome to YWS, and if you need any help with anything, then you can PM or post on my wall and ask me, or contact one of the moderators! (Their usernames are in light or dark green, and administrators are in red)

WELCOME!!!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:24 am
GoldFlame says...

Welcome to YWS! Any questions, just send me a call. ^_^
β€œHe leant tensely against the wall and frowned like a man trying to unbend a corkscrew by telekinesis.” – Douglas Adams

Reviews: 1
Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:56 am
View Likes
Freddy says...

@ThereseCricket,
Thanks! Seems like we have a lot in common, which is excellent! Just to clarify, I didn't mean 'classical' music, but 'classic' music (50-80s) if you referred to this ;)

@GoldFlame,
Thank you! If concerned about something, I'll let you know, pal.
"Be self-employed, get a job, and mind your own business."
- Myself

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:56 am
Iggy says...

Hello and welcome, Fred! :P
β€œI can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 pm
r4p17 says...

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions let me know!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:20 pm
View Likes
lostthought says...

*looks around* Are they gone? Yes?

BEWARE. AN EVIL MONSTER LURKS YWS. ITS NAME IS ADDICTION AND IT'S VERY DANGEROUS. VERY FEW ESCAPE ADDICTION'S GRASP.

THE ONLY WAY TO ESCAPE IS TO STAY FOR VERY BRIEF TIMES NOT VERY FREQUENTLY OR TO LEAVE FOR A LONG TIME.

*hears footsteps* *turns around and sees them* Gotta go. They heard. I can't risk being caught. Bye and good luck! *runs*
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

Remember: no stress allowed. Have fun, and learn from your fellow writers - that's what storybooks are all about.
— Wolfical