z

Young Writers Society

hello there

Reviews: 4
Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:28 am
View Likes
rainbowwaffles says...

Hi! I'm Erika and I'm new to this site. I used to use figment and sites like that but the interest died down eventually and I mainly focused on writing for myself. Now I just use goodreads and have a few friends there who read my stuff, but I was recommended this site so I thought I would give it a shot.

I write novels mainly, although sometimes short stories and poetry. I'm a senior in high school and basically all I do is write, I guess... I'm president of the creative writing club and literary magazine and managing editor of the newspaper at my school. I've been to a couple of summer programs that have been super fun, and I enter a lot of contests and stuff so that's fun. Ummm I mainly write realistic fiction but I dabbled in magical realism this summer.

Other random facts I guess--I love Avatar: The Last Airbender which I guess is pretty evident, my favorite band is Jack's Mannequin (although now he's Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness) and uh yeah idk. I'm not really sure what else to say.

So, hi. I'm probably going to be posting my current novel here soon enough, but maybe also some other stuff. We'll see.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:47 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Yay! Welcome to the site!

From all the stuff that you do, it seems you're well on your way to becoming a professional writer. I'll be sure to take a look at your novel when you post it. :D Also, if you have any questions, then you can ask me or a person whose username is in green. They're the moderators and will be able to help you best. ;)
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:59 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Hey, welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here! If you have any questions let me know, or ask someone with a green username! Trust Therese! She totes isn't crazy! ;)
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:47 am
Iggy says...

Hi Erika! Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:17 pm
Blues says...

Welcome to YWS, Erika! I'm glad you were recommended to come to this site - it's awesome. Not that I'm biased. Nope. :P Jack's Mannequin? You'll have to introduce me to some of their songs - I've been meaning to listen to them for a while. I know we have a couple of fans around here though!

Anyway, I hope to see you around ;3 If you have any questions then you can PM me or anyone else in green (I used to be like them... but then I took an arrow to the social life).

Reviews: 4
Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:01 pm
rainbowwaffles says...

Hi guys! Thank you for the warm welcome :)

And it's hard to recommend just a couple of Jack's Mannequin songs because each album is a journey in itself, but I'd definitely recommend Last Straw (which is actually a b-side I think), MFEO, and Swim! And the songs he just released off of his new album are really good too (High Dive and Cecilia & The Satellite). I'll have to seek out those fans, it's usually really rare that people know who I'm talking about so this is exciting!

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf