z

Young Writers Society

Alohaaaa (:

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:25 pm
View Likes
mitzeee says...

Hey guys, just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Mitzeee, well online anyway, my real name is Georgia. I used to be on BBC KS3 Bitesize English message boards before it closed down :( I haven't found anywhere quite the same so I hope this won't disappoint (: I have a good feeling about this though. I am absolutely in love with bands, typical fangirl, hah and dance and sport is one of my passions. Writing is one of my favourite favourite favouriteeee things I love it. Anyway I'm rambling on, so back to the point - hey guys! Feel free to comment below if you wanna make friends and stuff but im on holiday at the moment and on my phone so I won't be posting any stuff for a few days (: byyeeee x

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:12 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Hey, welcome aboard! You are totes right about having a good feeling about this site. This site has improved my writing sooo much, that I feel able to show my work to just about anybody! Not to mention it gives you other peoples opinions on your writing, and that's super important. xD Let me know if you ever need anything, and I sooo totally want to be friends! :D Welcome!!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:41 pm
View Likes
Masquerade says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll love it. This is the best writing website I've ever found, and I hope you love it as much as I do. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or one of the moderators. The mods are the cool people whose usernames are in green.

Anyways, welcome!
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

13 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:25 am
mitzeee says...

Thanks you guys! Can't wait to get started (:

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:26 am
View Likes
Love says...

Haha, welcome! :) *gives candy* Feel free to have any questions you might have, whether it's about the universe or programming or writing or or.... even about weird things like YWS!
So yes, have fun! :)
I was Amareth :)

13 Reviews

Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:35 pm
mitzeee says...

Thanks @Lapis :) I was just wondering about like when you post your story, can you like update the story in one thread, so just have one thread for the whole story but you just update whenever you want, or do you have to do it in chapters at a time? Because I've seen that and I always used to just post updates on one thread. Thanks guys for the warm welcome ;p

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:08 pm
View Likes
Love says...

Technically, you don't upload stories on a thread :) The forum is more for discussions and games. To upload a story, you use the Publishing Center button at the top. That allows you to organise your stories into folders and everything, and they will appear in your Portfolio on your user page.

Technically, you should be able to create a single work and keep updating it, but this wouldn't be advisable ^_^ Then you'd get a lot less reviews, since your work would get too large and would get drowned under other submissions. What people do is just have one folder of a novel, let's say, and upload the chapters there. If anyone later wants to read the book, they can still see all the chapters in one place :)

Hope that helped!
I was Amareth :)

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:13 pm
Holysocks says...

Welcome to the family!!! :-P
100% autistic

13 Reviews

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:29 am
mitzeee says...

Thankyou, that really helped!(:

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:48 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Welcome to the site, mitzeee!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind