Hello all,
I'm new here...Any advice? xx :D

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:05 pm
View Likes
Evander says...

Hey, @Chitalu !

I would suggest checking out the Are you a new member? Read me! ! It full of helpful stuff for new members!

Also, I would say, socialize with other members! Get active in the forums! Another way to become an active member is to review, review, review! We love seeing when people offer constructive criticism!

Maybe get yourself an avatar that represents you!

Post some stories!

If you want, join the clubs! There are plenty of people in that area of YWS!

If you like writing in a group, head over to the Storybook forums!

Hope you have a fun time here!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:20 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hey, welcome to the site!

Basically what Raven said! Get active with the other members. Get a avatar don't get Dori, cause she's mine, one that you think is cool and it's not a bad idea to get one that everyone will remember. Also, don't forget to review and publish your stories! Reviewing will help you get more reviews on your works, cause everyone enjoys returning the favor. Welcome again, and don't forget to ask me if you ever need anything! :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Stuff to do... here are a few unofficial things to do that I don't think the others mentioned.
First, spam @Pompadour because everyone does and it is now a socially agreed thing (hehe)
Second, post random stuffs on your wall. Everyone else does.
Finally, do 5 reviews soon (and then preferably don't stop doing reviews) because that gets you chatbar which is super useful for saying hi to/bugging members :-)
Veil Glück!
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:50 am
Iggy says...

Advice?

Bow down to me if you want to live.

(Welcome to YWS!)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Memories, left untranslated, can be disowned; memories untranslatable can become someone else’s story.
— YiYun Li