z

Young Writers Society

So... before I forget again. Hello!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:22 am
View Likes
zafae0333 says...

So, yeah, hi. I've been around for a couple of weeks and realized I never really did introduced myself over here jajaja
Generalizing a bit, I'm 17 years old, was born in Panama but currently live in Costa Rica. I'm in my last high school year and am really new to writing. I've kind of been trying to write ever since I read a friend's work (after insisting quite a bit) ans was marveled at the world she created. It reminded me of the one time years ago I had tried to write something, after actually beggining to read a bit.. It ended up as a 2 and a half pages work and in spanish. It sucked, really so I decided to leave it alone and that if I ever tried writting again? It'd definitely be in english!

Well then, after I read her work I tried to write one of my dreams and make it a story. It worked as a warm up of a kind, but it still took me more or less 2 or 3 years to stop being lazy and just writting on whims that could vary from days to months. The story Im working on right now would be my second, but it is one that I do love to write and develope.

I joined this site to share my work and have somewhat of a push to work on my story more often. So far I've published 3 chapters (the last one I published it yesterday I believe) of what could be called my set style and such. The work I've posted has gone through changes like being cut down to almost a quarter of its length 'cause I used to publish really massive chapters, have began to use a more 'reader friendly' style as im trying not to make paragraphs too long and things of the like. The currently dislpayed chapters are the fixed ones, so don't worry about that.

I'm really new to writting and everything, but so far I've enjoyed the experience. Since english is not my first language I'm struggling quite a bit with grammar.... As I've been told plenty. But I do am working on it and hope that soon I'll stop messing up so much!!

So, that was my introduction. Hello to you all :)
Im zafae. My story's name is Tristesse and I hope I'll soon get more readers jajaja and reviews since they do help improve as a writer, that even though it's a hobby? I want to improve as well.

Thanks for your time and hello again!

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:36 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to the site! Is happy to have you here! :)
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:12 pm
deleted5 says...

Welcome to the site! Hope you have a smashing time here! :D
I AM YOUR GOD. -AlexSushiDog
Checkmate Atheists.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:01 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS! Here's a little post I give everyone, to help them out...

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS, so be sure to read those! This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storybook section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames. Anyone you see in this color, this color, or this color, that means that they're a moderator! The top boss, the guy in black, that's Nate, so you can also go to him if you need help! You may also see this color and this color around the site! Those are members of the site who originally served on the mod squad but are now retired! You can find a whole list of the mods, past and present, here. PM any of us if you need help! :D

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality