Young Writers Society

Hello

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:46 am
View Likes
HowlingAtTheMoon says...

Hi, I'm Howl. :smt006
I love writing stories, though I don't really think I'm that good. I mostly write fantasy and fan fiction, but I will give anything a shot at least once. I'm awkward at times as well, but I love talking to people. Well, I think that is all, bye.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:26 pm
Elinor565 says...

Welcome to YWS! :-)
"Writers live twice.”
—Natalie Goldberg

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:06 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome to the site, Howling!

XD We're all awkward at times, but nobody judges us for it, on this site. We're all just one big happy family, who love helping each other out. Let me know if you need anything! :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:31 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Aah! New users! Run away!! *hides behind boulder* Welcome!! *grins and waves a colourful flag*
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:35 am
Masquerade says...

Hey, welcome to YWS! It's okay if you don't think you're that good. You're probably better than you think, and we're all here to improve! I hope you like it here!
"Many people hear voices when no-one is there. Some of them are called mad and are shut up in rooms where they stare at the walls all day. Others are called writers and they do pretty much the same thing."
-Meg Chittenden

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:56 pm
Iggy says...

Hi Howl! Welcome to YWS! Have you ever seen the movie or read the book Howl's Moving Castle? Your nickname made me think of it and I was like "ahhh!"

My name is Iggy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you enjoy it here. :D

Here are the rules of YWS, so be sure to read those! This is the forums page, where you can find The Lounge, the Welcome Mat, the Writers Corner, etc. Have a look around, as each forum may have subforums inside. Here is the Storybook section, and this is a FAQ, which should answer any questions about Storybooks, or what you do to make one, etc. Another useful FAQ is this.

Also, you may notice that some of the users around here have differently-colored usernames. Anyone you see in this color, this color, or this color, that means that they're a moderator! The top boss, the guy in black, that's Nate, so you can also go to him if you need help! You may also see this color and this color around the site! Those are members of the site who originally served on the mod squad but are now retired! You can find a whole list of the mods, past and present, here. PM any of us if you need help! :D

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind