z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

Reviews: 0
Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:42 am
View Likes
WarriorCoop says...

Hey everyone,

Well I'll start off by saying how much I hate these "my name is" things. They annoy me. Mostly because I can't ever figure out what to say without sounding like I hate myself (which I don't) or sounding like I think I'm the best person out there (which I most definitely don't!)

Okay, so...about me...well the first thing you should probably know is that I'm a female, I'm in my twenties and I live in Australia which I ever so fondly call the Land Down-Under when people ask me.

I've been writing for several years now. In some form or another I've been writing since I was about ten, but back then, I was pretty much trying to create a story similar to what Judy Blume would write. It was never a serious thing for me back then. I probably started to write seriously when I was in high school but honestly, I was no good. It wasn't until 2010 that I started to do more and now, in 2014, I've written seven full length novels.

Before you say, "oh, that's so awesome!"...it's really not. They're all on Kindle and they're all rather unpopular. Then again, I've never really advertised them on anywhere except for on my blog so perhaps that's why.

Wow, this is already longer than what I thought it would be. I suppose other than that, there's not much you need to know about me...I'm a student at University, doing a Bachelor of Education...whether I'll do good at it is yet to be determined, I don't start it for another few weeks.

I found this site after doing a Google search, after deciding that I needed to join a forum where I'd meet like minded people.
"Warrior is my middle name" - WarriorCoop (formally known as Scooper)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:47 am
Iggy says...

Hey Scooper! Welcome to YWS!

Please do give the rules a read, then go forth and explore the site! My name is Iggy and I'm a moderator, so if you ever need any help, send a PM my way and I'll be glad to help. :)

If you'd like more advertising for your seven(?! wow!) novels, you can make a thread in either Novel Workshop (read the rules first) or in The Lounge!

I hope this helps. See you around~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:28 am
Holysocks says...

Heya Scooper! Welcome to your new home. :-P ( I'm not lieing, you'll be living here now )

I also find "Hi my name is..." things kind of awkward to write. I think just telling us that you hate writing things like this was better than the usual "My favourite colour's blue..." approach.

That's cool you're from Australia. I'm from Canada, so we spell 'colour' and other things the same ( or do you? )! :-P

Anyway, PM me, or something if you ever want to talk! Aslo, check out the Chat. Chat can be a great way of meeting members!
100% autistic

Life’s disappointments are harder to take if you don’t know any swear words.
— Bill Watterson