z

Young Writers Society



Standing Up For Truth

by Krupp


This is a letter to Maynard James Keenan of Tool, Zach De La Rocha of Rage Against the Machine, and Karl Marx:

Excuse my ignorance, dear sirs,
Didn't know you couldn't handle the truth.
It's not like Jesus or Ghandi were tolerant.
You know I'm not like you,
never wanted to imitate you at all.
Act like a chicken, running,
with its head cut off.
Don't be surprised someone's questioning you,
You've been questioning everything for years.
It must be lonely at stage Left,
without a leader to kick around
or a faithful mother to correct you.
Place yourself two levels above the common rabble,
and you'd find I'm still three levels above you.
Because Maynard's a dick, Zach is paranoid,
and we all know that Karl's insane.
I pray that you found a way
to live with yourselves,
seeing as you've led a generation astray.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
74 Reviews


Points: 890
Reviews: 74

Donate
Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:42 am
Kenpachi Masamune wrote a review...



Excuse my ignorance, dear sirs, (Only Marx will probably not take offense, and he's gone)
Didn't know you couldn't handle the truth. (Doesn't make sense. 'Didn't you know'?)
It's not like Jesus or Ghandi were tolerant. (Ironic?)
You know I'm not like you, (They don't know you, this seems to be useless)
never wanted to imitate you at all. (again)
Act like a chicken, running, (again.)
with its head cut off. (again)
Don't be surprised someone's questioning you, (Again... they obviously intended it as such)
You've been questioning everything for years.
It must be lonely at stage Left, (Politics....Marx wasn't 'left' as you imply.)
without a leader to kick around (No idea....)
or a faithful mother to correct you. (Not asking)
Place yourself two levels above the common rabble,
and you'd find I'm still three levels above you. (Forget get...not asking)
Because Maynard's a dick, Zach is paranoid,
and we all know that Karl's insane.
I pray that you found a way
to live with yourselves,
seeing as you've led a generation astray.

Ya...this....is not exactly right. To be to all three of them implies they have something in common for all of them. Though you clearly do not get some of the founding principals of philosophy and got Marx wrong.

"While Marx was a relatively obscure figure in his own lifetime, his ideas began to exert a major influence on workers' movements shortly after his death. This influence was given added impetus by the victory of the Marxist Bolsheviks in the Russian October Revolution, and there are few parts of the world which were not significantly touched by Marxian ideas in the course of the twentieth century. The relation of Marx to "Marxism" is a point of controversy. Marxism remains influential and controversial in academic and political circles." Wiki, which is accurate.

To say it was Marx who did this is really a falsehood as the ideas were warped and twisted. The original idea holds true to be one of the best, but still is obscured by people. Taking humanity out of it, Marx presented a system that was better then capitalism. Though would be essentially a machine world rather then a human one.

Your ideas and form are odd and not exactly flattering, but your prose in it says just as much. I gave up trying to figure it out, perhaps you can fix it up to make more sense.




User avatar
118 Reviews


Points: 2374
Reviews: 118

Donate
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:35 am
myfreindsavamp says...



lol. That's to good....*giggle*

Nice, that was great+.+

-em





I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.
— Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest