z

Young Writers Society



a strange story part 2

by helpless42


Inside it was empty except for a desk and a bed. On the bed sat a girl. Her hair was blond and long, her skin paler than the moon. She was watching out the window so Jessica couldn’t see her face, but she could see out the window.

Her flashlight dropped and she just sat and stared. The girl turned slowly to look at what had made the noise. Her face was beautiful; she had green eyes and a light splatter of freckles across her face. She looked puzzled but the stood up and walked over to Jessica.

“Who are you?” she asked. She looked around Jessica as if she was looking for someone.

“You’re… But…” the words lodged in her throat and she could not get them out. She took a step back and took a breath. “Are you Dolores Limperly?” she felt proud at being able to say just that much.

“Dolores, no. Or at least I don’t think I am.” She put her finger to her temple and started mumbling. “Ah yes, I do remember that name. I go by Dori now, what’s your name.” she put on a pleasant smile and held out her hand as if she expected Jessica to kiss it.

“I’m Jessica,” she took the hand and shook it. “Me and my aunt have bought this house.” She realized Dori’s hand and looked her in the eyes. She was looking in disgust at her hand, like it was a snake. Jessica glanced down at her watch and realized she only had ten minutes to get back to class.

“What it that?” Dori asked pointing to the watch.

“Hu, oh it’s a watch. It tells what time it is, and right now it is time for me to go.” She started to run out of the room, but dori's hand grabbed her arm.

“Take me with you, nobody has been able to see or touch me in over one hundred years. I won’t be any trouble, I promise.” Her eyes were so pleading that Jessica just nodded and ran out or the room.

“You’ve got to keep up though ok?” she jumped the last five steps, grabbed the key off the table she had left it on, locked and slammed the door shut. She wished she had brought her bike but the school locked them up for the day. Seven minutes, crap she thought, it took her twelve to get here, but now she was running so she might make it.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments




For in everything it is no easy task to find the middle ... anyone can get angry—that is easy—or give or spend money; but to do this to the right person, to the right extent, at the right time, with the right motive, and in the right way, that is not for everyone, nor is it easy; wherefore goodness is both rare and laudable and noble.
— Aristotle