z

Young Writers Society



The Days of the Black Sun- Chapter 2 Lost Hope

by gurockian


Lost Hope

(Continued from Armageddon)

I gazed at the lake and couldn’t believe my eyes that a place like this could be on Earth. I took a look around and there was no way to go around the lake.

“Well I guess I’ll just swim across.” I said to myself. I started to go slowly into the water. When my head was almost in the water I started swimming. Breast stroking across I was almost halfway … when suddenly BAM!!! I was sucked in the water down into the bottom. My body hit the ground like a rock, I was fighting back hard against the water kicking and thrashing trying to get back up to the surface. Running out of breath I was still desperately trying.

Suddenly almost out of nowhere two glowing lights appeared. I thought to myself be these heavens angels coming to take me with them. The two glowing lights got closer, and as they did they began to look more and more like humans. I passed out right there and I can’t remember what happened. After a few moments of darkness I was standing on a cloud in a blue sky, I was alone on the cloud for a little while.

When the savior Jesus appeared and offered me his hand, but I stepped back, shook my head, and didn’t take it. He nodded and everything faded into the pitch-black darkness. I woke up and found myself in a bed made out of straw and rags. I looked around after my eyes adjusted. The structure was cylinder-shaped, made of solid brimstone, going about 1 mile up into the air; it had a point for the ceiling like a tower in a castle. The place was hollow except for the bed and a black chest at one side of the room.

I moved to the side of the bed and put my feet on the floor and stood up. I slowly lumbered (still a little dizzy) to the black chest and opened it. Inside there was a vial filled with some kind of red liquid, some important looking documents all rolled together in a rubber band, a compass, and a square little thing that was as flat as cardboard that I can’t identify at the time.

“You like what you see aye bucko!?” boomed a huge German voice from behind me. So stunned I almost tripped and fell. I took a look behind me and was amazed at the sight before me. A man about twice my height, he was wearing a robe as white as snow, he also had golden blond hair and was clean-shaven with a square shaped jaw. I stood speechless with my jaw on the floor, ”Aren’t you going to say something me boy? How about a nice hello, I may not be human but that’s no reason to say hello to one of the people that saved your life.” In my mind I knew he was right I was being impolite.

“H-hhhh-hello mister…” I rolled my arms as if telling him to say his name. He just looked at my arms for about 20 seconds clueless about what I was doing then replied,

“Oh, me name is Gabriel, by the way don’t call me mister.”

“Okay Gabriel my name is… well in the army we weren’t given real names we were just called troop 12 or whatever they gave us for a name and my father died so I didn’t get named after him.” I said with a small shrug. Gabriel scratched his chin for a little while then shouted,

“Luke that’s what we’ll call you Luke, like from the Bible.”

“Okay that will work.”

“Then let’s go.” He started walking towards the wall and a round hole opened up in the wall and Gabriel walked through it,

“Wow!” Was the only word that escaped my mouth. I ran after him through the hole, when I was outside another beautiful sight to behold, the buildings were floating on the water. All the structures were on huge leafs with a long log that was cut in a U shape connecting to each structure. Each one was the same as the one I was in except some were as short as small houses and some were as big as 2 skyscrapers stalked on top of each other.

“Not your every day cottage aye Luke?” asked Gabriel.

“No kidding.” I replied. We walked across one of the logs and all of

a sudden the place burst into life men, women, children, dogs, cats you name it and it was out there running or walking around. But there was one person that caught my eye, a young and very beautiful woman with long dark brown hair, dark white skin, deep brown eyes and a white robe just like the one Gabriel was wearing. She was crossing one of the logs walking towards me,

“That’s Candice, she was the other one that helped me get you out of the water and on the land, AND she helped nurse you back.” Gabriel said pointing to her.

“Well hi, looks like you finally got up.” she said when she got there in a sweet English accent unlike Gabriel’s.

“Well uh…ha…uh.” I stuttered trying to find the right words to say to her.

“This is Luke and he says hi.” Gabriel said cutting in.

“Mmm-hmm,” She replied “well I’ll see you around then.” She crossed a different log and entered a different structure the same way Gabriel and I did.

“Oh boy it looks like cupid has shot you with a love arrow aye.” Said Gabriel in a smart-alec voice,

“Shut up,” I shot back” Now just show me the rest of this place.” After a long tour of the village in the water Gabriel showed me the homes of the people, where places to get supplies were, and where a place to do laundry were. But there was one place at the north far end of the village that caught my eye.

“Hey Gabriel what’s that?” I pointed to a structure that was domed shaped made entirely of leafs and it had some symbols at the top with a yin-yang sort of seal for the door made entirely out of gold.

“That is the silo of dreams,” Gabriel replied “It’s the holder of ultimate power that was given to us in the time before time… the timegate with the power to change reality and warp time.”

“So then where is it?” I questioned.

“Hmmm, we haven’t been able to find it, heck we can’t even open the door,” he said “Well it’s almost sunset and we better be getting back to our homes.” Gabriel said. He started walking back on the log. But for some reason I couldn’t follow him, I was frozen in place.

“You’re the one.”

“The savior.”

“The one that will rise.”

“Above all others.”

“The champion.” All these whispering voices were in my head; they were coming from the coming from the silo.

“Luke, Luke, Luke, Luke!” the voice gradually got louder,

“LUKE!” I was broken out of the trance by Gabriel’s shouting. He probably came back when he realized I wasn’t there following him.

“Sorry.” I said,


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.






You can earn up to 234 points for reviewing this work. The amount of points you earn is based on the length of the review. To ensure you receive the maximum possible points, please spend time writing your review.

Is this a review?


  

Comments




He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero