16+ Violence Mature Content

Stacy meets the Candle Man-Midnight Witch

by vampricone6783

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

*This story is underneath my folder titled “Midnight Witch x Y/N”. Gacha Club character designs are on my wall. Enjoy!*

In a small cabin house, up in a simple room with one white bed, nightstand, a desk and a rickety chair, there was a fifteen year old girl named Stacy Flynn, wearing a plaid yellow dress donning a white collar at the neck, white socks peeking out of black Mary Janes. Her long, blond hair was tied in two braids. Stacy was sitting in her old chair, writing in her diary on her decaying desk.

There was a candle next to her as she kept writing, scribbling on and on about her troubles, her confusion, hate, and anger buried deep within her. Everyone just said "Oh, you're growing up" , "Oh, you're just a teenager."

But why couldn't her family take her seriously?! Why did they have to live the “old-fashioned” way? Other kids wouldn't make fun if she were just normal like them! Why didn't they let her hang out with her friends? Why did her parents treat her like her opinions didn't matter? Why did her little sister, Erin, get treated like such a Princess?!

Why was life so hard?!

All of her bottled up feelings flowed through her pen and into her diary. The energy of those feelings were not only confined in the sheets of paper, but they were strong enough to flow to the candle, which began glowing a bright, purple hue.

Stacy stopped writing and closed her diary.

Then, she noticed it. The candle.

Why was it glowing plum?

Fascinated. Stacy stared at the purple candle, wondering if it was all a dream and if she'd wake up any second. She hoped that she wouldn’t, it was far more interesting than any day she ever lived.

But she wasn't dreaming. The candle flame really was of a plum purple.

"Huh. Maybe it's a trick of light."  Stacy said, shrugging.

It was quite phenomenon, but surely, it couldn't be anything supernatural, right?

The spark of fire was growing rapidly, reaching the height of Stacy's ceiling.

She backed away from the light in fear. No, it had to be a nightmare. There was no way the fire was engulfing her room, drowning her in flames.

But Stacy felt the fire scorching her skin, tearing away her flesh.

The light shifted, twisted, and finally formed a man with glowing red eyes in a plum purple suit, just like the color of the candle. He had a golden flame for a head.

"Who…what are you?"  Stacy asked, sitting upright on her bed, trying to hide her terror. Showing fright was weakness, and she was still alive, so that was alright. Everything would be alright.

The man smiled at her with sharp, white, animal teeth. She didn't dare look away, she wouldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing her cry. He wanted her to be a certain way, just like her parents did, and she wouldn’t give it to him. He’d go away soon, and she’d never have to see him again.

"You can call me the Candle Man, darling. I came from your awfullest feelings...and now, I'm going to end you…”

If she made him, she could get rid of him. Stacy thought of him melting away, like the wax on a candle, reduced to a soapy, white pile, but when she opened her eyes, he was still there, smiling inhumanely at her.

No…no…she had to make him go away…she could do it…she just needed time…the fire would stop…her skin would heal…the shock of flames would eventually go away…

He was still there.

Before Stacy could even scream, the fire burned her throat, for she could smell her life and taste her death, her room nothing but scarlet and orange flames and a pointed white grin.

The last thing on Stacy's mind was a beautiful, sprawling field of spring flowers, all laid out for her, a place of rest, away from the fire…

Heaven.

..........................................................................

In a movie theater, where people could watch a pink robot named "Marina" sing whilst they waited in line, most of the people watching her being little girls who dreamed of stardom, there was a flickering shadow behind the robot that only some people saw. Anyone who did see it and told others were never believed in.

The shadow came to be known as "The Candle Man” and was said to be a demon formed from a misunderstood, solemn teenage girl. In fact, the theater was said to be the original location of the girl's home.

Some little girls who went there complained that a "man with a fire face" tried to grab them and burn them alive.

But those were all just legends. There was no way a Candle Man was out there, searching for young girls to burn.

No way at all.

Wed May 08, 2024 4:04 am

First Impression: I think you've done a wonderful job here depicting the arrival of the candle man and the scale of the emotions that actually managed to produce this and now of course the lasting effects of all of that going forward all the way to the present.

Hmm well this is quite the start. Its pretty clear this person is going through quite tough time there from the looks of things and is perhaps trying to just pour their feeling out onto paper there judging from the way that this is presented here. Let's see where this is going.

Why was life so hard?!

Oooh well we've got the classic venting to a diary with a twist going on there with the candle. I love the way you capture those emotions there and then just subtly point to the candle and everything that's going on over there with what's going on here.

Then, she noticed it. The candle.

Why was it glowing plum?

But she wasn't dreaming. The candle flame really was of a plum purple.

Well that certainly is something to take note off. Candles definitely don't normally just turn a different color. Certainly not that color at any rate and not without anything at all being done to it.

"Huh. Maybe it's a trick of light." Stacy said, shrugging.

Oh dear well I was hoping it'd be something a little more on the innocent sight but we're going straight for scorching flesh it seem and whoever has just appeared here having fed off of so many emotions of that nature can't possibly be good.

"Who…what are you?" Stacy asked, sitting upright on her bed, trying to hide her terror. Showing fright was weakness, and she was still alive, so that was alright. Everything would be alright.

Oh boy well that was rather direct there. I was expecting some sort of demon situation. Perhaps with an attempt at stealing a soul or doing some sort of shady deal but now this one just wants to consume her. Certainly quite the moment.

He was still there.

Oh dear well given the nature of these stories usually its pretty safe to assume poor Stacy is as good as dead here what with all of her attempts to try and survive this all proving to be rather futile there.

Heaven.

Well there goes that. Things certainly escalated rather quickly there the second she attempted something approaching a comeback there. The poor thing at least got to see something calming there and head up to heaven.

No way at all.

Well that's a lovely place to end things there. Just cutting to the present there where this candle man contains his terrifying crusade in relative obscurity. That's quite the moment there to think he was born solely of those emotion and now preys on all little girls.

Overall: Overall another wonderful and of course terrifying tale of yet another monster. This one I think was perhaps one of the most unique ones that I have run into here.Definitely not something that I have ever encountered before.

Kate

KristenDanger wrote a review...

The way you have written it is very nice! I liked the usage of various synonyms to get your point across. The flow of the story is really steady and caught my attention. One thing I really liked was the reference at the end for there being no such instances before the rumours being mentioned by the young girl. However, in the last bit, in my opinion there are to many ellipses. I assume it was done to give an effect of denial. But, I think you’ve used a bit too many. Maybe you could have written short one word sentences instead. Don’t let me put you off, I really did enjoy it!! Your writing is amazing and pulls the reader in. The way you have utilised imagery is also amazing. The story itself is very relatable from my perspective. Amazing work! Keep it up!

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much all of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movement of small green pieces of paper, which was odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy