z

Young Writers Society



The Invisible Pain Within

by TrueFantasy


Cancer.

You're not just a word with a bunch of letters arranged in a morbid order. You're not just a zodiac sign to people born in the summer.

You're an invisible pain within. Life's greatest sin. You break those around and win.

You take lives too soon and leave your trail of depression. It seems that causing misery and tears is your obsession.

You have lost previous battles, you come off as a sore loser. You come back to complete your kill, you're the greatest abuser.

You are the rotten apple that spoils the whole bunch. You replicate your evil and last longer than the pain of a punch.

You have killed the loved and depressed their lovers. But I will not weaken my hope for a cure and pray that my mum recovers.

You are hunted and you will be caught. You will repay those who were cursed in your battles and fought.

Hang in there cancer patients you will survive! You will win this battle and only battle, you will thrive.

Your smiles are close to a cure, you exhibit a strong, heroic attitude. Such inspiration transcends that I give you my gratitude.

My thoughts are to those affected with cancer. One day all will be cured, I pray that God will answer.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
232 Reviews


Points: 874
Reviews: 232

Donate
Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:16 pm
View Likes
rainforest wrote a review...



Hello,TrueFantasy! Unknown391625 here with another review!

This is a very true poem about cancer. People who have cancer can relate to this poem. You really personified cancer well! It's a very strong poem, and as wunmi said, it doesn't need rhyme at all! That's how well you wrote it! It's flawless! I will be looking out for your future poems and stories. Don't give up and keep on writing!

-Unknown391625




TrueFantasy says...


Hi! I'm so happy you like it :) it means a lot!



Random avatar

Points: 395
Reviews: 2

Donate
Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 am
View Likes
aledford320 wrote a review...



I love how you personified cancer. I think you captured the nature of cancer very well. I am also a big fan of people who make their writing personal, it really shows their heart! I only have one thing I would like to critique; personally I think the line that says "Hang in there cancer patients you will survive" would have been better had the end. But thats my opinion and I love this piece of writing a lot!




TrueFantasy says...


Thanks for the review :)



User avatar
21 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 21

Donate
Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:10 pm
wunmi says...



This is a strong poem though i don't think the rhyme is needed at all. i feel as if it took away from it's emotion. i do feel like a tidal wave of emotion if behind this poem and only the surface was scratched. this poem has a lot of potential and i think its really good work.




TrueFantasy says...


Thank you :) I appreciate your comment



User avatar
223 Reviews


Points: 282
Reviews: 223

Donate
Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:06 pm
Kelpies wrote a review...



Cancer... The chance is that I will have it, as so many others in my family have. Just recently, my surrogate grandmother suffered the same fate. My father's sister passed at only four. It has touched me, but there's always hope. I write something, and try to move on. So I sympathize. I have never seen someone with it, but I know that there are so many people with it,and that shall get it before it has been cured.

~Kelpies.





Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice