z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I am going to be back to Wattpad for a while

by Pinkiegirl13


I am really tired of YWS right now because people are just too much in this site. Maybe I will be back at Wattpad and write my own stories where people ain't too much for me. Also, the poem of my last work is for people to enjoy reading about a fan who wanted to see how Cry (If you don't know him, look him up on YouTube or google him) looked like. It is not for review, but for reading and put a like if you like it. Well, people don't get that because they only into reviews. Well, I will leave this site and never come back again. You can write all you want to tell me don't quit, but I won't come back. I will waste all of my points and never be back. See ya later and enjoy yourselves.

Have a nice day,

Pinkie


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
265 Reviews


Points: 16
Reviews: 265

Donate
Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:57 pm
myjaspercat says...



Peace Girl Friend. If this is what you want then take it, just know that we are only here to help you not hurt you.




User avatar
274 Reviews


Points: 3742
Reviews: 274

Donate
Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:52 am
View Likes
cleverclogs says...



I understand what you're saying. I never joined Wattpad because it seemed a bit socially daunting to me, and because I noticed while looking around that basically, if your work wasn't popular, no one would ever read it. But to each their own. :) I'll also point out that even if you tell people not to review your work, they'll do it anyway. It might seem a bit rude, but if they just didn't review a work because the author told them not to, it would end up sitting at the bottom of the Green Room forever. I promise you that the folks who reviewed your poem weren't trying to be mean or rude, they were just helping clear the Green Room.

If Wattpad is better for you personally, then by all means, do what you want and, most importantly, have fun. :) I'll miss our chatting sessions, and I wish you the best of times.

Vale, Pinkie. Vale. :D You will be missed.

cleverclogs




User avatar
760 Reviews


Points: 31396
Reviews: 760

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:34 pm
View Likes
ExOmelas wrote a review...



bleurgh I joined YWS because I didn't like Wattpad. Nobody ever helps you so how are you supposed to get any better? Also, people only read your stuff if you're site-famous and the people who get site-famous tend to be the people who write the easiest to read stuff. They end up looking like the better writers which is unfair to people who take it seriously and want to better themselves.
That being said I'm sure there are plenty of Wattpad users that are good at writing. I just wish they got more recognition.

Good luck on Wattpad. If you just want to write for fun, that's the way to go.

I'll miss you,

BiscuitsBatchAvoy.




User avatar
11 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 11

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:51 pm
View Likes
Liv says...



I see your point. I myself use Wattpad, too, sometimes, though mostly just to read. But I like to use Wattpad and this site because no one ever tries to help you out on Wattpad. They say they do or don't like it, but nothing more. YWS provided critique that betters you as a writer. It can be tough to swallow at first, but after your first few pieces you get over it and you really let their advice sink in. But I know some people aren't equipped to handle it, so I won't stop you. It's been nice having those chats with you here and there.




User avatar
146 Reviews


Points: 17572
Reviews: 146

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:23 pm
View Likes
MooCowPoop wrote a review...



Thanks for telling us. Just know that the people here only critique you to help you. It's better to have someone tell the truth than to feed you with lies. The real writing world is way more honest than the people on YWS; just ask any professional writer. I hope the knowledge you gained here will help you in your future endeavors.

Goodbye, you might be missed.




User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3874
Reviews: 158

Donate
Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:15 pm
View Likes
Corncob wrote a review...



Well, Pinkie, we chatted about this and I respect your decision. Um...yeah. I'm not going to ask you not to quite exactly, because I do understand your point here. Wattpad is way less overwhelming than Young Writer's Society. It's just that. A society. Once you get on, it's hard to stop, and you feel like you have to be committed, much like an actual society.
So, yeah. Have fun on Wattpad. Just watch out for those perverted fan fictions *_*




ExOmelas says...


Hey, um, I just wanted to mention, 1, that perverted fanfictions have a purpose. They seem to be both very enticing and very easy to write. They seem to get a lot of people interested in writing. I hope nobody posts anything like that here, of course. But I think Wattpad is as good a place as any to have that smutty gateway ;)



cleverclogs says...


I agree with Biscuits. Fanfiction (especially slash) does have a bad reputation because of the number of godawful ones out there, but it is a very good outlet for creative writing without having to develop characters or a whole new setting (unless you have OCs). Sort of like training for new writers. And some people happen to celebrate their favorite ship in the process. ;) Even though I might not read a perverted fanfic, I respect its purpose and author.



Corncob says...


1 :) @BiscutsBatchAvoy
Anyway, I didn't say they were bad (though I suppose that is implied). I just wanted to end with that as a sort of...warning?



ExOmelas says...


It makes sense. Some stuff can be pretty terrifying out there :)



Corncob says...


Yeah, namely Harry Styles fan fiction *shudders*



ExOmelas says...


Oh you meant the stuff about real people? I meant Johnlock, you know, as opposed to Freebatch



cleverclogs says...


The One Direction fics on Wattpad can be a nuisance. It's not the fact that they exist, more the fact that they are EVERYWHERE



Corncob says...


@cleverclogs EXACTLY.




But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red