z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Memory is a Life with no Form

by JSFord97


Reflections in the water,

Reflections in the glass;

Our life is just but one side to the mirror.

.

The deceased at my shoulder,

The past in my hand;

We are just the visible among the variables.

.

"Playing with my hair",

Choosing the final car;

Each and every action has a reason.

.

Standing at me side,

Watching the steps;

A persuasive presence on the scales.

.
I may not see you.

I may not hear you.

But I feel you.

I remember you.

.

If you are not there,

I needn't worry;

Memories are living.

And so you will live through our stories.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar


Points: 290
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:00 am
View Likes



Hello. I really did love this poem. Each line brought back feelings and memories for me and really did catch my eye.




User avatar
57 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 57

Donate
Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:27 pm
Weymouth wrote a review...



Yo, Weymouth here for a review because i'm cool like that :)

This is great, I love how each line and each stanza is so short, it grabs the attention of the reader so well. The language and imagery you've used is great, and my favourite part of the whole poem is definitely the penultimate stanza, it emits real emotion to me.
Some nitpicks:
"Standing at me side" I think that's meant to be "Standing at my side"
I don't see why there are speech marks around "Playing with my hair"

All in all, a great poem! Keep it up! :)




User avatar
60 Reviews


Points: 6395
Reviews: 60

Donate
Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:54 pm
queerelves wrote a review...



This is a really meaningful poem, and I really like it. I love the message, and I love the writing. I strongly agree with you when it comes to the meaning of this poem: people live on even after death, and they have an impact as long as people remember them.

Each stanza and each line has deep meaning--and I love that. I think my favorite stanza is the first one: "Reflections in the water/Reflections in the glass/Our life is just but one side to the mirror." I love the repetition! Also I loved "visible among the variables." I'm not quite sure what I like about that line but I really, really like that. I like the alliteration and the sound repetition, and I like how you refer to the living as "the visible." Actually, I just flat out like it.





I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith