Warmth

by speakerskat

*excuse the title I just really couldn't think of one!*

Sometimes I just keep wondering

What this world is gonna do

To someone as innocent as me

As you.

Other times I lie awake

Feeling the weight of it all

Hoplesslysly in tireless fate
We fall.

When I look up at the stars

I see the hope at last

Then I have to remember

The past.

But still....

I wanna take you in my arms and hold you,

I wanna kiss you till it feels right

I wanna stay with you until torrow

All night, alright.

I wanna leave all of our fears behind us

I wanna chase all of your blues away

I wanna hide where no one will find us

Alone, alright.

Tell me what I've done

To deserve such a plight

My heart is overcome

With fright.

Each and every night

I stare in endless wonder

How were we so broke

Torn asunder.

Even to this day

I'm dreamin of your face

Wishing you'd come fill

Empty space
.

And still....

I wanna kiss you till it feels right

I wanna stay with you until torrow

All night, alright.

I wanna chase all of your blues away

I wanna hide where no one will find us

Alone, alright.

I'll wait here alone

Still missing my groom

I'm feeling ever trapped
In gloom.

Four painfully long years

It's been so hard to say

What we had before

Gone away.

If I just had another

One more lucky chane

I'd just make my request

To dance.

But still......

I wanna kiss you till it feels right

I wanna stay with you until torrow

All night, alright.

I wanna chase all of your blues away

I wanna hide where no one will find us

Alone, alright.

LordGreenleaf wrote a review...

Hi there, LGF here for a review.

Neat little song you get here, hey?

I liked it, and if I was giving you a grade for it I'd give you an A-. You had some unique things to say about love and some good rhythm as well but at times it seemed a little vague/cliche.

For example, the chorus;

I wanna kiss you till it feels right

I wanna stay with you until torrow

All night, alright

Now, this is just my opinion, but here goes. I thought it sounded just a lot like a bunch of other love songs, if you know what I mean. I wanna kiss you, I wanna hold you all night. Something about it just seemed off, and maybe a little vague as if it wasn't really your experience, just your knowledge of what love is.

Apart from that, I thought it was good, some nice flow and repetition.

Keep up the good work;

LGF

speakerskat says...

It was just knowledge XD but thanks I appreciate your review

Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:51 pm
bayleef153 wrote a review...

Can I just say . I LOVE THIS LOVE IT. I wish people would write more like this. It's moving and motivational and has a nice rhythm and even though it is a tragic story I still feel like something good will happen to the girl writing this. You are incredibly talented and eve though I know I'm not much of a critic, with a little practice, you could be THE BEST I'm sure. Nice job and keep up the good work. I support you as always an look forward to more!!!

~Bay

speakerskat says...

Awww thanks Bay

PLEASE LIKE IT BAY WE'RE GONNA HIT DA FEATURED LIST!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:02 am
Rydia wrote a review...

Hello! So I haven't reviewed lyrics in a while but how could I say no when you asked so nicely? :) Let's take a look...

Verse One - Good rhythm and the message is very simple and clear. You outline that there are two parties in the song right from the start and I've got no trouble following you so far.

Verse Two -

Hoplesslysly in tireless fate
You need to fix a word there! The first line is strong and a great follow on from the previous stanza, but I'd like to see a stronger image brought in now. All we can picture at the moment is that the speaker is lying in their bed but other than that, there's no sense of scenery. Even the action of falling is very abstract because we don't know where they're falling from or too. Are they falling through galaxies? Falling through gaps in the fence? I'd like you to give us something to picture at this point - something concrete.

Verse Three - It may be nice to have some concrete images here as well. At the moment, this could be anyone's story and you need to make it personal to the speaker. Instead of 'the past' you could have a snap-shot which sums up the part of the past they are thinking of. For example: 'Then I have to remember/ the icicles hanging in your hair/ the day you turned your back on me' or 'Then I have to remember/ all the things you said to me/ sitting beneath our chestnut tree'. Try to give us more rather than less because it's those substance lines which make a person fall in love with a song.

Chorus -
I wanna stay with you until torrow
You need to proof read before you post ;)

Okay so the chorus doesn't do much for me. It's something we've heard a million times before and there's nothing to distinguish their love from anybody else's. There's something catchy about 'All night, alright' but the words before that need to be much stronger. They need to be unique.

Here's a chorus that really gives you something different:

"So I'll start the revolution from my bed
Cos you said the brains I had went to my head
Step outside the summertime's in bloom
Stand up beside the fireplace
Take that look from off your face
You ain't ever gonna burn my heart out"

That first line in particular is really punchy and prints an image in your head. Then it's followed by a list of commands - step outside; stand up; take that - which are really strong and help to build a really consistent and firm voice.

Verse Four - If you put the second line into google, it will bring back a whole string of songs and you don't want that. You want lines which nobody has ever used before so if someone takes any line from your song which they remember and types it into google, it brings back your song and not someone else's.

Verse Five - Again, it's a little too vague - 'plight' is such a wide scoping word as is 'what I've done'. There are no specifics and that means there's no storyline to follow. If you think of this in terms of a music video, anything could be playing on screen behind this.

Verse Six - I was hoping broke was going to be in terms of having no money as that would give us a detail about the characters. We don't know if they're rich or poor, kind or mean. At the moment your lyrics sound pretty but there's no story and that's the most important element of a song.

Toward the end of the song you get better with the story telling because we have a few details like 'missing my groom' - that's the first time we even know the singer is female and 'four years'. It needs to come much sooner though and there are too many blanks. What might work is if you write down the framework of the story first and then turn it into lyrics.

You're very good at getting the rhythm right and making it sound nice, but the story is what will make your listeners want to hear it a second time.

Best of luck!

Heather xx

speakerskat says...

yea I kind of went through this "song" recently and I like to keep my stuff vague so that many people can relate but I see what your saying thanks.

Rydia says...

No problem! And don't worry, people can relate to specifics too, even if it's relating to the feelings the person is going through rather than the actual situation :)

RainbowPowerPonies wrote a review...

PonyzandPokez, heard you wanted a review on this in chat so I just hopped on over to get started! Here is what I thought of it!

Wonderful Poem! Here come the grades, sorry
Spelling: %100 A+
Emotion: %95 A-
Grammar: %100 A+
Overall: %98 A
This was great! OMG wonderful song! I'm amazed, you shouldn't need a review to tell you that this was great! Self confidence man! This is great, I hope other people get to read this too! Don't take this off, it can satisfy someone who just needs to read something truly beautiful.
Anyway you are probably getting tired of hearing me talk on and on and on about how wonderful your poem was. So, keep writing, I WILL be reading! Can't wait to hear more from you.
~PonyzandPokez

speakerskat says...

I wish this would make featured works, I spent a lot of time on it but... I don't think that many people will read it and I don't have much self confidence. I am not usually very good...

awww i've felt the exact same and i get up to 20 review and like 2 likes. I never maade it, but i can make it hit them. I wont let anyone say anything bad.

Auxiira says...

I'd say really value the reviews rather than the likes! It takes time to write a review, but only a few seconds to press the star, and it means the reviewer has something to say about what you've written!

JSFord97 wrote a review...

Hey!! This is really good!! I really like it! The rhythm and syllable pattern is consistent and it flows really well. I can tell that behind the lyrics there is a deeper meaning and emotion. All lyrics need is a well-spoken rhythm and emotion. All the description are just right; not to wordy and complicated, yet they form images and are very poetic. Also, there is a slight rhyme to you it, which is always good. The only thing i would say, is make sure the punctuation is right and it doesnt go on a bit. But then thats all depends on the melody and so on :) Da iawn

hey, JS can u like this please? U seem to have enjjoyed it as much as i did and speaker is trying to get it to hit the featured list

speakerskat says...

aww thanks!

Well its true and I think the work is mighty great! But also take in what Auxi said above, the star just means it was okay but the review means so much more. Plus someone can like something just cause the like the author and they might never have even read the passage

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson