z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Four Little Kittens

by WillowPaw1


Four little kittens,

wearing little mittens.

All warm and cozy,

in front of the fireplace.

*

Four little dogs,

under little logs.

Freezing and cold,

in the icy water.

*

Four little pigs,

wearing little wigs.

Playing dress-up

and laughing their heads off.

*

Four little kittens,

invite their friends over.

Four kittens, dogs, and pigs,

now all wearing mittens

by the fireplace.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 604
Reviews: 18

Donate
Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:14 am
View Likes
Ang920 wrote a review...



Hi there, ang920 here to review.

Awww, this is so cute. The title really pulled me in, probably because I have a small obsession with cats. I must say that I loved it! The poem has a nice flow to it, and a good rhyme scheme too. It reminded my of the nursery rhymes I loved to read as a kid.

The only things I would suggest improving on are the lines "in the icy water." and "and laughing their heads off." I fell like those lines don't go along as well with the flow of the poem as the others, but that's just my opinion.

Over all great job. This poem made me smile and brightened up my day. I can't wait to read more of your works.

-Ang920 :)




User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 273
Reviews: 16

Donate
Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 am
View Likes
TrudiRose wrote a review...



Hey there, nice poem it was really cute!

I was instantly attracted to the title which unlike many other poems found on this site actually sounded like an enjoyable one to read.

I think it could make a really nice children's poem or nursery rhyme and can you imagine how cute this would be as a book with illustrations?

I think it's really nice to see people writing poems that aren't always dark and mysterious or filled with angst. It was really refreshing to read and you should continue the good work! :)




User avatar
160 Reviews


Points: 246
Reviews: 160

Donate
Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:31 am
View Likes
Rurouni says...



Cute! Nice rhyming!


I can't critique it much though XD

So you're left with a comment!




User avatar
128 Reviews


Points: 6214
Reviews: 128

Donate
Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:24 am
View Likes
BlueSunset wrote a review...



It's nice rhyming, and I like that when you said a type of little animal, they would have something little, too.

The thing I like most is the pigs- wearing wigs! I honestly think that it is super CUTE..... Some people may say or think that it's for younger people, but in my opinion it is adorable and for all ages.

These three different kinds of animals I like, and I especially like them because they are little. At first I didn't see why it was called Four Little Kittens, then as I got deeper into the poem, I realized why.

I hope you keep making more stories or poems about animals, because I am into them. I have to say your one of my favorite authors on this, and I haven't had the time to read your other stories, unfortunately, and when I have time I will hopefully read most of them.

After this, I'm going to like it, of course, because its about animals!

If you for some reason don't write anymore poems, I'm going to cry.

~ Sunset101




User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 1352
Reviews: 35

Donate
Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 am
View Likes
winterbites says...



This was cute.




WillowPaw1 says...


Thank you :)



User avatar
39 Reviews


Points: 425
Reviews: 39

Donate
Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:40 pm
View Likes
TheFlamingonator wrote a review...



It's been a while since I read anything this sweet :3
The rhyming was on spot, it seemed fitting to the innocence of the poem.
As an animal lover, this really hit me in my cute spot and made me 'aww' out loud. Also, picturing kittens, dogs and pigs with mittens by a fireplace is one of the most adorable things i can ever imagine.

Keep up with te adorbs!




WillowPaw1 says...


Thanks <3



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 761
Reviews: 5

Donate
Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:44 am
View Likes
Wajudah says...



Hey Willowpaw!
Wajudah here for a review.
"Four little kittens,
wearing little mittens.
All warm and cozy,
in front of the fireplace.
*
Four little dogs,
under little logs.
Freezing and cold,
in the icy water."
The rhyming pattern is what I appreciate most about it. It flows easily, lyrical and poetic. The opposites in the first two stanzas also add to the vivid imagery you've created here.
"All warm and cozy," in line three versus "Freezing and cold," in line six. The concept just seems great.




User avatar
159 Reviews


Points: 7867
Reviews: 159

Donate


I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief