z

Young Writers Society



Belieber

by Willard


Poor little Bieber,
Who caught a fever that,
Caused him to think he's better than everyone,
And turned into a diva.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
170 Reviews


Points: 0
Reviews: 170

Donate
Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:25 pm
deleted5 wrote a review...



Hey strange!
Poor little Bieber people making hate poems about him. Of course it is funny though XD
Just a short review for a short poem, generally your grammar and all is fine and dandy, your description is a little bit bland but I can tell this is just a joke and is not all serious :D
My only complaint is the third line seems to go on for quite a bit, too many syllables. Maybe you could shorten it a little bit?
See you around dreamy!




User avatar
20 Reviews


Points: 1874
Reviews: 20

Donate
Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:37 am



I'm laughing too hard to review. Thank you, I needed that.




User avatar
355 Reviews


Points: 2099
Reviews: 355

Donate

User avatar
205 Reviews


Points: 240
Reviews: 205

Donate
Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:57 am
View Likes
AEChronicle wrote a review...



First off, I have to agree with Iggy, the format is not right. But what the heck, it's funny.

I know I've pretty much already reviewed this for you, (but for the sake of getting the point...*cough cough*) but I'll do it again.

I can't say that I much care for little girly boys who dress up in women's clothing and wear makeup. (Did I just say that?) Especially when they are "popular" and it's changing the way women think of men, which actually has been going on for quite awhile now.

I love your use of the "Bieber Fever" to ridicule, very creative.

"And turned into a diva."

When a song comes on, on Pandora's radio (and I'm not staring at the screen,) and I think to myself, "Ehh, the song's not bad, the girl's actually a pretty good singer." Then I go and look who it is and see a guy's (.....did I just say guy?) face, it's actually a little bit demoralizing to know that I'm, supposedly, of the same species and gender. Well, that's a lie...it's humiliating. When did women stop looking for strong, powerful men who could bring home the bacon and started wanting little sissy boys with tight pants, earrings, and a "I just got my balls kicked out by a mule!" voice?

Note: Very momentous occasion! As of the last two weeks, I have not so much as said CRAP on here, so my usage of the word balls (HA! Said it again) is to say that this was worth it!

And if that's not a good enough review, I don't know what is!

Thank you Strange!




User avatar
933 Reviews


Points: 4261
Reviews: 933

Donate
Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:57 am
View Likes
Iggy wrote a review...



Hi Strange!

So I'm no poet, but I'm pretty sure this isn't a limerick. See, a limerick is a poem that is five lines long, with the rhyme sequence of ABBAA. The first, fourth, and fifth lines much rhyme, while the second and third must rhyme. You've only four lines here, and the only two that rhyme are the first two sentences.

This is also lacking the rhythm. Limericks follow a precise rhythm that puts emphasis on certain words or syllables to bring it out and put more focus on it. This is the rhythm:

da DUM da da DUM da da DUM
da DUM da da DUM da da DUM
da DUM da da DUM
da DUM da da DUM
da DUM da da DUM da da DUM


(as found here)

You have a great idea going here and I found it to be quite funny, but I feel that this doesn't quite qualify as a limerick. More like a satire. If you would like to know how to write a limerick, here's a good tutorial by one of my favorite authors!

Now onto the poem --

1. You spelt his name wrong. It's Justin Bieber.

2. The third line needs something in front of it to make the flow from the second line to the third line steady. Maybe a "that" or something similar.


Overall, I liked this. It was simple and short and it was pretty funny. I think you simplified how ridiculous Justin Bieber has been acting lately in a poem meant to make one laugh, not to be taken too seriously. Nice work. :)





There’s always a story. It’s all stories, really. The sun coming up every day is a story. Everything’s got a story in it. Change the story, change the world.
— Terry Pratchett