A rock or something.
RATATATATATATA
Where's my mom?

RATATATATATATA
Stop.
RATATATATATATA
Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.

RATATATATATATA
Seven-six-two millimeter. Full metal jacket.
RATATATATATATA
Stop.

RATATATATATATA
1, 2, 3, 4.
RATATATATATATA
I love Marine Corps!

RATATATATATATA
Who's your daddy?
RATATATATATATA
It's the time of the season for lov- shit!

RATATATATATATA
I killed a man.
RATATATATATATA
The worst thing you can do and nobody can touch me for it.

RATATATATATATA
Stop.
RATATATATATATA
Stop, goddammit!

"AH! MAKE IT STO-"
"Honey, calm down. You okay?
"Wha-? Oh, jeez, yeah. I'm fine."

"Was it the dream again?"
"Yeah. Yeah. It was."
"You think it was the thunder?"

"Probably."
"Hey, listen. It wasn't your fault."
"I know."

"G'night."
"G'night."
Last edited by Loller65 on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:05 am
Button says...

Personally, I think this was excellent. While reading it, I was kind of going, "What the hell is this?" but as I got towards the end, I finally understood, and it all made sense. Some parts didn't really seem to make sense even in the context, like

It's the time of the season for lov- shit!

but maybe that makes sense personally? I think that maybe you could have made the commentary between gunfires more emotional, especially the "stop"s, because I felt like those were really cool and collected, when it would really be a traumatic reminder of a terrible event.

Another thing (MAJOR nitpick):
"Night."
"Night."

I think that "G'night" is more appropriate, because "Night" just sounds a little weird without referencing what it's supposed to be shortening. Just a personal nitpick though. :)

Overall: really nice job. The tone is really well developed, and the ending hit perfectly. Great piece. :)

-Coral-

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:57 pm
WaitingForLife says...

This was a very interesting piece to read. I mean, I wasn't really sure what it was about till the end actually, but while I was scratching my head, I still liked it. ^^
The idea is original and it was well presented. The flow was consistent, and the repetition of "RATATATATA" I found sort of annoying... yet I still liked it.
I'm somewhere in the middle of liking it and being annoyed by it for some reason, but it was well written and in the end, I still enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for sharing and keep writing; hopefully your other works are as refreshing as this one. ^^
|Life|
Call me crazy; I prefer 'enjoys life while one can'.
-------
The pen's mightier than the sword - especially when it's wielded by a flipmothering dragon.
-------
◥▶◀◤

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:49 am
Loller65 says...

thanks for the reviews, you two!

I think that "G'night" is more appropriate, because "Night" just sounds a little weird without referencing what it's supposed to be shortening. Just a personal nitpick though.

Fixed.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 pm
theotherone says...

Hello, I'm here as requested. :)

Wow, this was pretty good. At first, I wasn't sure where it was going, but the ending was great, and explained it all, so good job for that. :)
"Hey, listen. It wasn't your fault."

This line does it all for me.

I don't think I have any nitpicks for you though... The grammar seems fine, and so is the structure of your poem.

Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret.

Only thing, is that this part right here makes me think it's a girl that's dreaming... It's me, Margaret in the sense of it's me, don't worry Margaret, or rather in the sense of it's Margaret? I was a little bit confused, maybe clear that up.

Great job, and keep writing!

-Other One
Behind every mask, lies a man that can't live in his own skin. - Woe is Me <3
Need a reviewer? I don't bite, I promise. :) ---> viewtopic.php?f=188&t=76466

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:33 am
Loller65 says...

Thanks for the review!!!

-Leon Trotsky-

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:49 pm
Triskiller says...

Very interesting format, love the way you personalize the sound of gunfire with short emotional remarks in between. It blends humanity with the machine and makes for a very interesting piece of literature. Thanks for sharing!

It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer