z

Young Writers Society

A sure sign of insanity. The Letter

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:31 pm
Fishr says...

Uh... So, I was bored and decided to read old work of mine and low and behold the wheels in my head started to turn. I wondered how much I really knew one of my characters. Guess what I did?

I wrote a letter to them! HAHA! No, I don't mean typing from a computer, using Word, but an actual letter with notebook paper. Needless to say, it was...well...incrediably weird. But it allowed me insight in their 'soul.' I tapped into what I created and sought a way to improve it. Also, I knew the char better overall.

It's hard, believe me, lol. But worth it, I think. First time, I've tried it and was pleased by the effects. Try it and see where it leads you. ;)
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:20 am
View Likes
Joeducktape says...

HEY! Ooooh.... I could try that with one of my more complex characters!!! Very cool idea fishr!
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:38 am
View Likes
Fishr says...

I blame the metal music, lol.

But thanks; it was and still is very weird writing to a fictional charactor, or are they? ;) Anyway, I'm semi used to it and will have a couple of pages where letters will be correspoding among the son and parents in one of my stories. Hardest part is masking your handwriting, yeesh!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
— William Shakespeare