z

Young Writers Society

HELP!!! WRITERS BLOCK!!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue May 10, 2005 2:51 pm
Kay Kay says...

Help I've had writers block ever since I ended my book Love Is Only the Beginning. I love writing but can't think of anything to write about. Please help!!

If you do, I'll give you a hug!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue May 10, 2005 5:39 pm
Rei says...

Just relax. Don't think about it. Read for a while and maybe it will come to you. The most important thing to do is don't worry. We all have these dry spells every once in a while.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

221 Reviews

Tue May 10, 2005 6:42 pm
Kay Kay says...

Thanx for the advice a bunch. *Gives Reichieru a big huh*
--La Rochedoucauld

---Socraties

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:36 am
Ceylon says...

Take some examples from different books of the same category you writing of. I don't mean copy it or anything but get some idea, inspiration, off from it. :D
juste essayer

La fin d'ordinaire, et vous ne verriez pas ce que vient.

Comment bon il s'avérera être..

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:39 am
Liz says...

Just write. Writer's block is the worst thing, but just sitting down with a pen and paper will kill it soon enough. Just start with any random sentence, even if completely off-topic to your novel, and go from there. Keep writing and don't stop and eventually you'll get back into the flow.
Works for me, anyway!
purple sneakers

221 Reviews

Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:14 pm
Kay Kay says...

Thanx guys! Lately I've been working on different ideas I have been trying to see if I can actually get one started. I have like 5 stories that I'm starting...trying to get rid of this disease. LOL!!
--La Rochedoucauld

---Socraties

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:32 pm
Lini-chan says...

I've had the same problem ever since I finished the first draft of my novel. I'll try what you guys said!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:51 pm
chocoholic says...

I had the same problem when I finished writing my novel. Check out my tips for beating writers block, they really helped me.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:40 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

write down ideas. any ideas. even if they make NO sense.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:31 pm
JFW1415 says...

Just pick a random sentence (or word) and write. I actually have writer's block right now, so I shouldn't talk, but I did this a few months ago. I wrote down "Sit." From there, I got a four page story. :P

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:20 pm
Meep says...

We have a thread for writers' block help and encouragement here. :)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:27 pm
Snoink says...

Well, seeing as she wrote this almost two years ago, and she's still writing, she probably got through writer's block alive. ^_^
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:16 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

You don't even need to write anything about the story. Just write everyday, and write it differently everyday. Your mind will get you the ending or whatever when it's ready, and don't try to push it unless you are a procrastinator like me.

Even if you get the idea at 2 in the morning.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

Reviews: 4
Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:51 pm
EERC says...

I usually don't push it and leave the story alone for a while. Someone once told me writer's block lead to good ideas once they're over.
Proud Venezuelan.
Harry Potter, Avatar, Death Note, The Legend of Zelda and Sweeney Todd fan.
"There are two infinite things: The Universe and human stupidity"- Albert Einstein

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres