z

Young Writers Society

When do you write?

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:47 pm
Leja says...

Late at night when everyone's asleep and there aren't any distractions.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:53 pm
Alainna says...

I write whenever I'm inspired...but some of my best ideas happen when I'm relaxed (in the bath or dozing off) or very highly strung (after an argument or something upsetting). So I don't really have a time to be exact.

However, evening is always better!

Alainna
xxxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:59 pm
Goldenheart says...

I usually write in the afternoon. I write best after reading something else I've written.
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

Random avatar

Reviews: 61
Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:50 am
BrokenSword says...

I can only write when I know I'm not restricted by time and I'm completely relaxed, so I usually write most on the weekends.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue May 13, 2008 12:05 am
Ross says...

I write best in the nighttime. After all my homework is finished, dinner is over and the sun is setting.

I ALWAYS ALWAYS write on the computer. It's the only way that my mind cannot speed ahead of my writing. Also, I'm picky about light degree, temp, etc.
And we'll be a dream...

"Dee Dubbleyou." - BigBadBear

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue May 13, 2008 11:37 am
Heidigirl666 says...

Three in the morning is my best time for me.

If I could stay up that late then I'd get my books finished in like a fortnight...when I can, like if it's over Christmas, I stay up until four a.m. and then go to bed, sleep until lunch and do it all over again. If I could do that all the time I would. :D
Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them. There's many a bestseller that could have been prevented by a good teacher. ~Flannery O'Connor

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:52 pm
Conrad Rice says...

I would have to say that I write the best in the evenings, though I am not bound to that time. Sometimes if it's just a good day I may be able to start working earlier, sometimes in the mornings even.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:26 pm
robyns37 says...

Whenever I can for the most part. I find that I always have good ideas during my AP classes when I can't write :lol: But during the summer when I have lots of free time it's usually a little better. I try to write something every day, and it's helped me a lot.
May all of your endeavors be sucessful;
but if they aren't, write about them.
And if they are, write about them.
Just Write.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:09 pm
Angel of Death says...

I find it best to write when the city is asleep because then you don't have to worry about honking horns and loud voices. Sometimes, when it rains I just take out a pencil and paper and sit down and write. Scenes come alive when you're around other people and sounds so anytime is great to write but I before the night.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:55 pm
Reason Invalid says...

The time from evening until midnight works best for me. What I usually get aren't actual pieces of writing, but pages and pages of ideas, be it coherent or not. However, I usually discard my ideas the next day and the cycle starts all over again.
It is only when dissonance plays one will find pleasure in consonance.
topic34094.html <-- Free Reviews

Random avatar

Reviews: 21
Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:11 pm
Antares says...

I write when I have something to write (which is usually always). I don't think it's very wise, unless you are a professional author, to assign specific time periods for writing. I think the main problem with it is that soon you won't be able to write anywhere else or at any other time. Plus, like Cassandra says in I Capture the Castle: "sitting in a place where you have never sat before can be inspiring." It's the same with times. If you always write at night try writing early in the morning - you never know what new things you will come up with. That being said, my favourite time and place to write is in my kitchen at about five or six o'clock in the morning. It has that nice sort of eerie silence which is a good mood setter.
'Moses Kiptanui - the 19 year old Kenyan, who turned 20 a few weeks ago.'
'If that had gone in, it would have been a goal.' David Coleman
'Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match.' Ian Wright

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:01 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I write best late at night. When I got my first computer, an old piece of junk that didn't work half the time, I remember sitting at my desk and trying to type as fast as possible because I'd see my clock blazing at 11 or 12 and didn't want to get caught. It wasn't that late but my desk was in direct view of the door and I generally wrote better on school nights. Some of my best ideas come right before I'm about to go to sleep, which gets extremely annoying.
Habits? I don't really have any that I can think of.
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:44 am
niccy_v says...

Since i have school 8:30 to 3:20 each day i can't write during then only school work, or in a period i have nothing to do in.

I don't DO late nights because they result in grouchy wake-up syndrome
Early mornings mean i'm buggered come end of school

And yeah i only write between 5-8 pm each night if i can be bothered, and weekends.

In holidays i write until 5am in the morning haha
Writing gives my life purpose

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:18 am
Aspen says...

I tend to get stories in my head while I'm at school, and then I can't write them down, and so...bleh.

I'm best writer at about 5-10 at night, when I have plenty of free time to think and type stuff on the computer.

-Aspen
Only when a beast has done wrong has he earned the name vermin.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:58 am
POTAFan1973 says...

I usually write from 7 pm- 2 am maybe later. One night I stayed up to almost 3:30 am writing away on a story because I had lost track of time which is a bad habit for me.
One person's craziness is another person's reality
-Tim Burton

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky