z

Young Writers Society

When do you write?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:40 am
Firestarter says...

Early in the morning/late at night. Don't know why, but it's quieter in my house and my brain can think better, and I seem to be able to just get into that flow easier.

Habits? While I've always used a computer for writing -- strange, no? Most people seem to begin by scribbling. I got into writing when I was much younger by using a very ancient PC. This means, now, I just can't write with a pen/pencil. I can type faster anyway, so my writing keeps up with my thoughts, and I'm so much more accustomed with it that without a computer I can't actually write.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:49 pm
Elemental says...

I don't really have a set time when I write, it's usually when I have a revelation or I'm delving deep into interest of my story or I found something I want to change.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:00 am
Alteran says...

I'm pretty much going all the time. whenever i can write i do. not lately cause of college and stuff but usually i write all the time.

Headphones and music. I have to drown out all the noise around me so i can concetrate. I have them on right now so ican focus on this. I am easily distracted. tee hee.

I need new headphones though. mine are like dying. they are all taped together and the little foam pieces had to get sewed back on.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:54 am
Sohini says...

i write whenever i feel like it and whenever i get the time.
but like you all, i prefer writing before i go to sleeep at night and before i take a nap in the noon. on holidays when i have less school work to do, i write in th emorning.
Calvin : You can't just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:49 pm
DancingRain says...

I usually write late at night when no one's up. I write on loose leaf paper and stick it in a binder. Sometimes I can write during the day but usually find myself too distracted to write. Habits i have when i write is doodling in the margins while i'm trying to think to write next. ANd i never use a pen.
"but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo" Fred or George Weasley
*Formerly Tanis*

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:28 am
tinny says...

I usualy write when I should be sleeping. The only problem is that it means I get tired and then the next night, my mind is all buzzing but I'm too tired to do anything. I sometimes write when I get home from college and the house is all empty, I can stick on some music and write away. If I ever feel compelled to write at any time of day, as soon as I get my paper out it I loose all motivation.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:10 pm
Myth says...

I write whenever I have inspiration or if I get bored of drawing. Sometimes I wake up late at night and write down random sentences that make no sense when I look back at them.

Other times I write when I can't go further on a chapter so I have a look at the plot and make necessary changes to dialogues or the first chapters - which are usually the hardest to write for me.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:42 am
aeroman says...

Funnily enough, I've developed a writing obsession in the past couple of weeks. I write everyday, not necessarily the story I'm writing, but just something. Anything, now I feel like I'm missing something if I haven't written something that day.

Most of the time though, I write when I get home from Swim Team and I'm trying to procrastinate my homework, or I write when I get back from parties because I'm all hyped up to stay up late :D

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

171 Reviews

Reviews: 171
Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:53 pm
lexy says...

It varies for me...... Summer I can write well in the morning... Winter is definitely in the evenings.....
And habits!!! Oh God I chew the tops of biros until they look mank and don't look very attractive! Lol. No wonder people don't like to borrow my pens!!!!
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself. - Peter O'Toole

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:08 am
Pushca says...

3 am is when i start coming up with awesome stuff. 'course, i'm not actually coherent at that point...
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:03 pm
Esmé says...

I usually write when I'm bored (physics, mwahaha). No, really, I prefer to write at my house. -But physics really is an exception, lol.

When I have a writing frenzy, I write everyday. Sadly, though, that happens once every two months or so. Currently I'm on the off-frenzy, lol. Haven't written anything to my story for the last month. Really. -That is, not counting the ending when I killed off my main character. Lol.

-elein

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:40 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

During the school year I can only write late at night, because during the day i'm too distracted with school, homework, friends, etc. During the summer and long breaks I write anytime, because I usually don't have much to distract me.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:29 pm
xtenx says...

Skye wrote:B) I don't want anyone to read it. Not that people can usually read my handwriting anyway, but sometimes I'll consciously write messily so that no one can read what I've written.

I don't like people reading what I've written either. I'm in college now so it's easier for me to write without worrying about people. I feel like my parents were always hovering over my shoulders, but here I don't have to deal with that. I usually write whenever I have free time. I'm surrounded by people really often so any time there aren't people around, I'm usually writing.
-Kristen

So I just try, fail and try, and try again- and someday I swear I'm gonna get it. 'Cause I'm convinced, giving in is the worst thing there is.--Straylight Run

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 pm
Prokaryote says...

I write whenever I feel like it, and that happens most often at night.

Prokaryote

Reviews: 2
Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:23 am
dittylicious says...

My best writing time is definitely is either late at night or early in the morning, when I feel like the rest of the world has left before me or hasn't caught up to me yet. I can truly feel like I'm the only one in existence, even if it's for only a short while.

I don't think I have any habits when it comes to writing, except that I'll play and pause music while I'm writing something, because sometimes I think music will help and sometimes it distracts me, so I'll play it and then all of a sudden find it hard to think and pause it, and that continues during the entire writing process.
~*~Ditty~*~

"When we choose between reality and madness/It's either sadness or euphoria." -Billy Joel

http://dittylicious.blogspot.com

I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26