z

Young Writers Society

Vrasess

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:42 pm
kjr5horses says...

Okay so I have been getting lots of reviews on Vrasess! YAY! Although I must say some are getting a tad repetitive and to be honest I am tired of repeating myself over and over and over again so here is a guide to Vrasess and the FAQ!

1. All of the characters in Episode 1 are ALL important! I know there are allot and it might be a tad confusing since it just throws you into the middle of things but that is what makes it interesting!
a) We have not actually introduced all of the main characters/important characters yet! I know you just said "WHAT?" but its true, you have the few important people that are apart of the rebellion, some important Cyth *shivers*, bounty hunters, other ring holders, etc... So technically no, we did not introduce all of the main characters yet.
b) It is IMPOSSIBLE (Yes impossible) to introduce them a few at a time and only focusing on a few per chapter but that would make it WAY too long, and it is going to be long as it is! I mean its only 6 Episodes in and its almost over 80 pages long!

2. If you don't read ALL of it you can not review it, how are you going to give a proper review if you scanned through it? Or only read half of it? It is impossible to gather the proper information necessary to give a wonderfully helpful thought out descriptive review!
a) Also when reviewing try and think about these simple questions/rules (Came from a real critic)
I just happened to look up rules that critics use they are- (From John Updike)
1. Try to understand what the author wished to do, and do not blame him for not achieving what he did not attempt.
2. Give him enough direct quotation--at least one extended passage--of the book's prose so the review's reader can form his own impression, can get his own taste.
3. Confirm your description of the book with quotation from the book, if only phrase-long, rather than proceeding by fuzzy precis.
4. If the book is judged deficient, cite a successful example along the same lines, from the author's ouevre or elsewhere. Try to understand the failure. Sure it's his and not yours?
These are wonderful and I try to use them myself!

FAQ-
What are Cyth? Well....hmmm....Cyth are basically humans, except they cannot die unless you _______ (If I told you it would ruin the surprise!) Let me put it this way if you ever happen to meet one run away!!
Why so many characters? Well I am writing this series with my friend and to be honest if the books did not have this many the world of Vrasess would be utterly destroyed within seconds! They hold everything together!
Why the little tid bits of the characters back story? Why don't y'all give us the whole thing? Now tell me if we gave you ALL of the characters back stories (Which would include their parents etc.. going back generations) 1. you would know everything and that would be no fun for us! There would be no mystery! 2. If you walked up to someone in lets say Target and they gave you their WHOLE lifes story you would think them to be a little odd...I mean there are things that you learn over time! I bet you don't know everything about your close friends, or even family! You learn things by getting to KNOW them which...(what for it!!) takes time!
What is with the rings? Their are 20 of them....and that's all you are getting!
Who is the bad guy? Did you not read the description? "There is none good, no not one...

Anyways hope this helps! Please don't hesitate to ask questions! (other than the ones above) and REVIEW! We are glad for your input and support! PM me for any information, questions, or if you just want to chat! (I don't bite believe it or not! MWahahahahaha!)

KJR
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm
Twit says...

I'm kind of the opinion that if you have to make an entire post explaining your story, you're not doing the real writing right. If/when you get it published, people aren't going to have this post to understand it, and if they can't understand it without this post, then something's rotten in the state of Denmark, and by rotten I mean lacking and by Denmark I mean your story.

It's like those companion books to TV series--they contain the cool details that you don't have to know about but are fun to know about. That's the difference. Essential vs fun.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:00 am
kjr5horses says...

Its because I have not had the time to post all of Vrasess I mean we are still writing it!
These questions are for those who are going to read Part 1! I keep getting the same questions! But why give away all of the information in the first episode? That's no fun and boring.

I posted this so that when people go to review the first episode to keep in mind its the FIRST EPISODE not the whole story its a NOVEL SERIES not a SHORT STORY! lol...

I just wanted to make some things clear so that I don't have to answer the same questions about the first part, when the reviewer only read some of it....which you just can't review properly if you don't read the whole thing! Also its the first episode, please keep that in mind ;)

Hope this cleared things up for you Twit.

KJR

P.S.- The story explains itself! You just have to read past episode 1 so that you can see how it forms! PLease PM me if you have any further questions, tips, ideas, or comments!
"Me I'm dishonest but a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly its the honest ones you have to watch out for because you can never tell when they are going to do something incredibly...stupid." ~Capt. Jack Sparrow

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:41 am
Twit says...

So long as your reviewers are asking the questions out of curiosity, not through lack of understanding. Like, "Dude, I don't get it, how come it's bigger on this inside?" and not, "Wait, how did the reporter turn into the paper guy and how did they print that interview in the paper when he only talked to the guy three seconds ago?"

If it's stuff that gets cleared up later on ("Inside and outside are in separate dimensions" "Ohhh"), then that's cool. I mean, I still have no idea how the reporter turned into the paper guy and how they got the interview into the paper when he only spoke the guy three seconds before and it does kind of bug me.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:36 pm
Stori says...

Have you not heard of the novel forums? For a certainty, if you post there it will be much easier to organize your work.

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman