z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:56 pm
Prokaryote says...

eleinasari wrote:I personally enjoyed reading HP, but reading it once was enough of me, This wasn;t teh type of book that you can go back to even if you know what happens...

Which doesn;t mean that I won't be reading book 7, lol. I do hope Harry dies. I agree wth Jesseble - he is irritating me.

If Harry doesn;t (here's a horrific vision, lol) JK Rowling might want to come back to him... 7 long books is enough, in my opinion,..

Hm, really? I disagree; I think they're those kind of books that you read through to find out what happens, and later, you can read them over and over again and thoroughly enjoy it each time. You can also catch things you didn't notice before.

I definitely can't wait for the seventh book. :D Well, okay, I'll wait. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, because while the sixth book was good, I didn't think it was the level of good I expect from the Harry Potter series.

Though, if there's one thing J.K. Rowling has going for her, it's that she knows how to create likable, well-rounded characters.

Prokaryote

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:31 am
Swires says...

HP is one of the few book collections I can read over and over again.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:37 am
flytodreams says...

Me too.

And I want Harry x Hermione or Draco x Hermione...actually anyone but RON!!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:15 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

I find I can read those over and over again as well. I just never get tired of them. I can't wait for the seventh book to come out. My brother and I have a bet going on, he thinks Harry is going to die at the end, but I don't. What do you all think will happen at the end?
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:03 am
flytodreams says...

I think Harry won't, just Voldemort and a bunch of other people.
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:16 pm
Ofour says...

OK. I think that the Harry Potter books are a good read, once or twice. However, i do not understand why there is sooooo much hype about them because i don't think they're that amazing. There are many books out there which are far better but are unlucky because no-one is willing to read them. I say, stop obsessing over one set of books and read a broad variety so you can really tell whether they are so super brilliant.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:11 pm
Saphira says...

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed, because while the sixth book was good, I didn't think it was the level of good I expect from the Harry Potter series.

I agree with Prokaryote . the first books were amazing but as the series continues it's losing everything that made them a good read. I will start to read the next book but if has an opening chapter like the sixth book i doubt i will finish it!
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:53 pm
Royboy says...

they are pretty good and all, but they can get tiring. I was one of those people who counted down the days to the sixth book's release, though. =]

But don't judge a book by its movie cause you know the movies will always suck.

And just to add on to who everyone thinks is going to die, let me add Nevil. I think the fact that he could have been the chosen instead of Harry links him. And so.... *bum bum bummmm* he must dies.
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:19 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

OK. I think that the Harry Potter books are a good read, once or twice. However, i do not understand why there is sooooo much hype about them because i don't think they're that amazing. There are many books out there which are far better but are unlucky because no-one is willing to read them. I say, stop obsessing over one set of books and read a broad variety so you can really tell whether they are so super brilliant.

I think the reason for this is probably that they are books which have great characters, with real human emotions, and the plot comes second to that. I mean, Tolkein, for example, is good at his descriptions and stuff, but you can hardly say his characters are very human. They tend to have little or no emotion.

I can't wait for the 7th HP book to come out, it should be great! I honestly don't know whether he's gonna die or not though... will have to wait and see!

I will start to read the next book but if has an opening chapter like the sixth book i doubt i will finish it!

I liked that opening chapter! Second one wasn't up to much though...
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:36 am
Jiggity says...

HP 7 comes out soon!! I can't wait lol, July 22nd I think! Woo!
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

79 Reviews

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:44 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It's the 21st July, and it's released at 00:01 British Summer Time in Britain, although it's 00:01 local time in America. Thank God I live in Britain. Just a few more cherished hours of reading time... no offense to all of you who do not live here.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:19 pm
Esmé says...

... I don't live in Britain, hehe, I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer! But its still better than for most of my friends, who'll have to wait for a translation, lol. *Looks evil*

-elein

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:56 pm
Fangala the Flying Feline says...

Let's face it. The only thing in Harry Potter that's worth reading is the part about U-No-Poo
"Hey look! A black shooting star!"

"That's no star...that's Fangala!"

79 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:21 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Fangala the Flying Feline wrote:Let's face it. The only thing in Harry Potter that's worth reading is the part about U-No-Poo

*Braces self in shock* I shan't dignify that with an answer.

~Stewie Griffin

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:30 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Actually... I agree with Fangala-san. I want Harry to hide out at the Weasley's joke shop. I want to know more about it- and the U-No-Poo. XD
There's so much junk there that Harry could use to an advantage...
ohmeohmy

“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly