z

Young Writers Society

Fantasy story using snowflake technique

Random avatar

Reviews: 13
Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:49 pm
turtlechow says...

I definitely like the sounds of things so far. I've never heard of the snowflake technique myself (research time!!!). Normally I just whip open a Microsoft Word document and begin filling it as quicly as possible with every mundane thing that pops into my head in the most methodical manner I can conjure up. Of course, I only have one novel in the fantasy genre for a moment, and the only reason I deem it any good is because it has been an ongoing six year project (Version 7.0!!!) because I keep improving.

As for other novel ideas I've had that are outside of the fantasy genre, I normally write a brief summary and significant character info. down so that if I ever get finished with this fantasy thing, I can go back to it. So, yeah, I'm not a notetaker, but I'm starting to think that due to the complexity of my book, I should probably start. ^____^' And this idea: you MUST use it!!! Redundant, yes, but also very encouraging. I hope I helped!
Eat, sleep, write... and when you think you've written enough, then write some more.

When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool, you end up looking like a moron instead.
— Robin Hobb