z

Young Writers Society

Small and friendly tip

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:38 am
Princess says...

Okay guys.. I know there are tons of you who are having major writing block. I know I am.. Poetry all depends upon which mood you are in.

You have to be able to understand the concept of the poem you are writing, and fully understand the emotions coming from it, otherwise, if you don't get it, the readers wont get it.

Also, make sure what your writing about is what you actually care about. I can't tell you how many times I've come across writers who do what I call "Fake Writes".They do what they think would be a good idea for a poem, but they don't really care about the subject at all. That causes the poem to be meaningless.

I know this may sound corny, but follow your heart.. Write about what your feeling at that very moment. If it means writing about being thirsty for a glass of orange juice, then by all means, write!
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:40 am
asxz says...

Ha ha, I don't really write poetry, but I do write Fiction. That is really true for any type of writing I realized, It only works if you feel like it. If you can't be bothered but have nothing else to do, then your story/poem turns out like Sh!T, okay, maybe not like that, but I find that mine sucks! I end up writing just paper after page of bank and meaningless words, like a river of ideas going through a drought! Am I right?
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:58 am
Nutty says...

Haha, that depends for me. Sometimes the best ideas come when I have nothing better to do and I'm just relaxing.
But I do know what you mean. Sometimes words just don't work right, and all I get accomplished is becoming really really frustrated.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm
Juniper says...

Strangely, I seem to get my ideas as I'm doing something that's already got me preoccupied. It gets kind of annoying when I can't write them down write away.

Or! When I'm really sad, I get the best ideas ever. xD
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:08 pm
thewritingdoc says...

I can't tell you how many times I've come across writers who do what I call "Fake Writes".

Well princess, I can't necessarily say I agree with that at all. A lot of the time, people can write a beautiful, moving poem with so much power in it & althought it hasn't happened to them, they wrote about it. For example. my piece called David's Poem. Do you think everything Shakespeare wrote about happened to him? No! In fact, many of his stories weren't even his own. I'm sure you've done it once or twice. We're often ordered to do it in school and we still get decent grades. Listen, as long as you can convince your reader you care, whether or not you really do doesn't matter a fly rat's arse. Naturally, you start to care in the writing process but many don't at first. That's why I feel it is very prejudice to deem these people "Fake writers". Who are you to deem them that? Some literary genius? I doubt it as you are only thirteen. Be careful what you some, some people may be deeply insulted by that remark!
    I'd rather write about this world than live in it
    and I'd rather play music all day
    and read and wander around bookstores
    and watch humans
    but not be one of them.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:02 am
Princess says...

Actually, I didn't mean don't write about it if you haven't experienced it. I meant, write about things that you care about. Things that touch your heart. Especially in poetry.
I came into this world wrinkled and ugly. And no matter how much I accumulate here, it's a short journey. I will go out of this world wrinkled and ugly. So I enjoy life.

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:26 am
whence says...

"You have to be able to understand the concept of the poem you are writing, and fully understand the emotions coming from it,"

I hope you don't mean before the writing? I can't tell you how many times I've written something in a fluster, just to read it afterwords and only then realize how I was really feeling.
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life — and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:48 pm
errtu2 says...

To encourage my heart following I like to smoke a good hunk of maroon, followed by shots, vandalism and if possible wild coitus. When the last echo of this dies down, the block in your mind has been reduced to sand and you can sit on it and throw the larger pebbles into the sea of you conscience and watch them sink sink sink into that place where law, words, and the senses dare not go. Bear witness.
Those who control their passions do so because their passions are weak enough to be controlled.
- William Blake
Lord, grant me chastity and continence... but not yet.
St. Augustine
When all else fails, we can whip the horses eyes

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:10 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

This kind of falls under your topic here a bit, but, kind of doesn't. :P

When writing anything, sometimes I write in parts. Even poetry, yes, I know. Especially novels. I break my idea for it apart and right what I feel like writing at the moment, which basically is following my heart at the moment...

One time in a poem, I wrote the last stanza first, and I guarantee it was better than it would be if I wrote it last...
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

A wizard is never late. Nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to.
— Gandalf