Other
3%

Total votes : 239

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 am
Charlie II says...

What's your favourite format? Do you think that the e-books will inherit the Earth? Do you think audiobooks are a more natural experience? Let us know here!
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

I voted paperback, but I like reading stuff on my Kindle too ^^ Best way is paperback though.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 pm
EnigmaticSpirit says...

I really like having an e-reader and being able to buy books straight off the internet! Plus, it's nice to carry your own personal library - no matter the size - with you wherever you go. Occasionally, I do like to read paper books so that once in a while I can have feel the paper and bury my nose in it.
Words cut deeper than knives.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:23 pm
View Likes
darkangel_05 says...

Go leather-bound!
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:40 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

I LOVE E-books, but there is something special about holding a hardcover book, the weight, the smell- the sound of the pages turning...

I like ebooks for their convenience but nothing will replace real physical books for me.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:20 pm
View Likes
HostofHorus says...

I would put leather bound if they weren't so expensive. I still try to get all of my absolute favorites in either leather bound or hard back. Then I look at paperback. And finally, I get e-books only if it is a book that I don't care all that much about.

E-books will never have the same long lasting effects of real books. My kids in the future won't be able to go and pick my e-books up and see what I've done with them, they won't have the same book I read. Plus, they really aren't that much less expensive... which has been a shame to me ever since I got my Nook.
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:26 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I think Americans have a different opinion to paperbacks to us... here everything usually comes in paperback. I love them. I like hardbacks too, but they're so expensive!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

I like my books with fava beans and a nice chianti...
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm
elysian says...

I love reading on my kindle but hardback is the way to go!
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm
View Likes
CowLogic says...

I like my books like I like my women and coffee. Strong.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:16 am
therealme says...

Gah! I love reading paperbacks and hardbacks because they feel more real and I enjoy turning each page, yet e-books are a lot better for the environment.
Save the trees! :D
Though e-books are more practical and easier to use I much prefer the beauty of a REAL book. Above all, I love reading really old, secondhand books because they tell a story within a story.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 am
View Likes
Stori says...

Printed. I can't read a whole book in electronic format, and the audiobooks I've got are from Amazon. (New ones are so expensive, and good luck finding a narrator you can stand to listen to.) That said, look up a little company called Full Cast Audio. They did a wonderful reading of Starclimber.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:32 am
Auxiira says...

I like using my kindle, especially since I have over two hundred books on it, but there's something special about the texture of paper and smell of paper. I'll always have at least a few paper books
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

I will always have a special love for printed books, to matter if they are paper or hardback. I just love the old time feel, it reminds me of my younger days, when I'd curl up with a good book and the only sound in the room was a fan and the pages turning.

I do love my Nook (e-reader); using it right now to be on YWS, but it isn't as good as a real book. It's nifty and all, with the internet, music, and library, but it's just not the same. If I turn the volumne up and turn the page of a book, it tries to recreate the beloved sound of a page whooshing.

.. It's just not good enough. D:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights