Other
3%

Total votes : 239

166 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 166
Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:39 am
Charlie II says...

What's your favourite format? Do you think that the e-books will inherit the Earth? Do you think audiobooks are a more natural experience? Let us know here!
I am thankful for laughter, except when milk comes out of my nose.
-- Woody Allen

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

I voted paperback, but I like reading stuff on my Kindle too ^^ Best way is paperback though.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:34 pm
EnigmaticSpirit says...

I really like having an e-reader and being able to buy books straight off the internet! Plus, it's nice to carry your own personal library - no matter the size - with you wherever you go. Occasionally, I do like to read paper books so that once in a while I can have feel the paper and bury my nose in it.
Words cut deeper than knives.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:23 pm
View Likes
darkangel_05 says...

Go leather-bound!
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:40 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

I LOVE E-books, but there is something special about holding a hardcover book, the weight, the smell- the sound of the pages turning...

I like ebooks for their convenience but nothing will replace real physical books for me.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:20 pm
View Likes
HostofHorus says...

I would put leather bound if they weren't so expensive. I still try to get all of my absolute favorites in either leather bound or hard back. Then I look at paperback. And finally, I get e-books only if it is a book that I don't care all that much about.

E-books will never have the same long lasting effects of real books. My kids in the future won't be able to go and pick my e-books up and see what I've done with them, they won't have the same book I read. Plus, they really aren't that much less expensive... which has been a shame to me ever since I got my Nook.
HostofHorus Author, Poet, Dreamer, and Expressionist.
http://JRSStories.com
Stories Poems © As of January 1st 2014

Need a review? Feel free to ask me! :)

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:26 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I think Americans have a different opinion to paperbacks to us... here everything usually comes in paperback. I love them. I like hardbacks too, but they're so expensive!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:17 pm
View Likes
beckiw says...

I like my books with fava beans and a nice chianti...
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm
elysian says...

I love reading on my kindle but hardback is the way to go!
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm
View Likes
CowLogic says...

I like my books like I like my women and coffee. Strong.
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:16 am
therealme says...

Gah! I love reading paperbacks and hardbacks because they feel more real and I enjoy turning each page, yet e-books are a lot better for the environment.
Save the trees! :D
Though e-books are more practical and easier to use I much prefer the beauty of a REAL book. Above all, I love reading really old, secondhand books because they tell a story within a story.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:33 am
View Likes
Stori says...

Printed. I can't read a whole book in electronic format, and the audiobooks I've got are from Amazon. (New ones are so expensive, and good luck finding a narrator you can stand to listen to.) That said, look up a little company called Full Cast Audio. They did a wonderful reading of Starclimber.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:32 am
Auxiira says...

I like using my kindle, especially since I have over two hundred books on it, but there's something special about the texture of paper and smell of paper. I'll always have at least a few paper books
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:35 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

I will always have a special love for printed books, to matter if they are paper or hardback. I just love the old time feel, it reminds me of my younger days, when I'd curl up with a good book and the only sound in the room was a fan and the pages turning.

I do love my Nook (e-reader); using it right now to be on YWS, but it isn't as good as a real book. It's nifty and all, with the internet, music, and library, but it's just not the same. If I turn the volumne up and turn the page of a book, it tries to recreate the beloved sound of a page whooshing.

.. It's just not good enough. D:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality