14%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 443

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:43 pm
abelgaiya says...

Mine's a sci-fi and supernatural (or supernatural science fiction as I call it) about the world being inhabited by humans and supernaturals. The Prologue is a pretty cool and convincing scientific essay explaining the existence of all beings secretly living in our world.

Oh, and it's action packed too!
Stretching your thoughts beyond logical purview is called imagination. Stretching your thoughts beyond illogical purview is called insanity. I aim for insanity. - Abel Gaiya

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:45 pm
Stori says...

Maybe. If I can ever get up the gumption to research certain subjects and actually write "The Touch".
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:11 pm
View Likes
Caerulean says...

Um... not yet? xD I was rewriting a 'novel' but got too busy and I'm still stuck on the first chapter. lol >.<

After I'm done with that one though, I'd be working on a huge fantasy novel series (I think) like LOTR, but with more magic and youth(?). xD Lately my preoccupations were about this 'project'.

I'm so excited for both that I hate how I haven't gotten back to writing again. >.<
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:07 pm
Panda11 says...

i have i iday on my page<3 so ples chek it out<3 <3

Reviews: 1
Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:30 pm
View Likes
Tosh12 says...

Shameless Advertising? No way I'm missing out on this.

Ordered by his father, Connor and his 'family' flies off to Japan, being ripped away from his destroyed hometown on the continent of Aecus. Commander Gale, Connor's father, is the head man in the Alliance of Unity, which makes Connor famous. Connor's arrival in Japan was kept quiet, for safety reason, and everything was going well. Other then Connor being uncomfortable in this new place, things were just fine....until a week after his landing in Japan. Connor was kidnapped, brought to the enemies prison, and forced to fight in many different environments. Only, the enemy doens't realize how important...Connor really is. They do not know of his power nor his relation to the Commander. Will this be a bad thing or will this play in his favor? Will Connor discover his true power, or will the enemy figure him out, before he's able to? Read the story at http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/work.php?id=99386

That's the best preview I can do honestly, I really need to work on them don't I? Anyway! Check it out and give me some reviews! I want to improve my story the best I can. :D

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:17 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

I'm attempting to write the comedy adventure series La Mercz: L' Invasion de Paree. It's all going well so far, but long way off an end.

Also having a go at a (totally different) book, The Persecution of Innocence, which is a crime thriller; it also has echoes of Shakespearean tragedy.

All the updates on these are on my personal blog, Ben Franks Official Website.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:17 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

All these ideas sound amazing, I'm going to read all of the links and review!

But first for some shameless plugging, and practice of my blurb skills.

Dragon Chasing

This is the story of a princess stolen by a dragon.

When Princess Alicia vanishes into thin air, nobody is as concerned as her best friend Astrid Race. Weeks before they're due to graduate from Avery's Academy for Future Female Rulers, Astrid and her four classmates run away and set out in search for their missing friend.

But there is something strange happening in their country, and the girls face much more adversity than they had anticipated. There is more than a dragon standing in their way. Very soon, Astrid has some very difficult decisions to make, about her future, about the handsome Sir Nathaniel, about her sister. And there are questions that still need answering. Like why is nobody else worried about Alicia? And aren't knights supposed to rescue princesses?

And aren't dragons meant to be extinct?

into the Fire

Henry Salamander lifted the laws on magic to win his country a war. When peace was declared, he banned magic once more. A year later he was kidnapped.

Three years later, Henry and his wife are still missing, and their daughters, Casia and Flick are all grown up and plan on making their mark. While close, the sisters could not be more different, Casia wanting to follow her father into politics, and Flick seemingly caring about not much beyond haircuts, cigarettes and dances. But they do have one thing in common: they do want to find the people who took their parents.

As unrest bubbles in this alternate 1920s, the sisters, along with their friend Fred, move from ballrooms to brothels, following a trail of magic and crime. Then one day Casia makes friends with a demon and they realise the problems are much bigger than just their own family, and a lot more might be in danger.

Between the question of demons, Casia's belief that their parents are dead and Flick's unrelenting feelings towards Fred, the one thing that might destroy all their attempts is the sisterhood itself.

Chapter One of Into The Fire can be read here: work.php?id=99494
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:46 am
View Likes
Paracosm says...

I'm working on a novel l had a dream about, quite a rare thing for me, because I hardly ever remember my dreams, and they usually don't feature anything deep or cool. Mostly just day to day crap.

But in said dream, I saw a book taped to my wall. It was called "Swept", and the cover art was beautiful. It was a group of old people and a little kid floating in the ocean. The old people and the little kid weren't beautiful, so much as the style of the cover. You could see them above and below water, like half below half above. Each individual was a different color, it's hard to explain how it looked, but I loved it.
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:40 pm
Zyphlid says...

I haven't settled on a plot yet, but I have the characters and setting all worked out!

Just know it is science fiction, action, and has pulled the heartstrings of my friends who have read drabbles that involve bettering defining my characters' pasts.
“I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I’m afraid of. ”―Joss Whedon

“If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.”―Toni Morrison

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:40 pm
Cailey says...

Actually, I'm already finished with the first draft and am now editting, but that still counts as writing a novel, right??
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

Random avatar

Reviews: 34
Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 pm
kasimkaey says...

void
Last edited by kasimkaey on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:32 am
View Likes
Cole says...

I am currently writing two novels. However, one of them (which is actually complete) has already attracted a publisher, so I'm refusing to post it on YWS. It's called In Secret Places.

The story is post-apocalyptic.

Synopsis for In Secret Places:

Seventeen-year-old Mary Reedel feels as though she is a stranger caught between two unwelcoming worlds: the controlling, cold society of the International Order (IO) and the veiled life of her peculiar, eccentric mother. Mary despises the Elite Guard—the IO's military force—for executing her brother Virgil for treason when she was young.

As a messenger for the eastern province, she delivers letters to post offices between the small villages along the coastline. Despite it being a punishable crime, she occasionally reads a few of the letters in secret. However, she begins to notice that some messages are being addressed to Pim: her father's name.

Yet, her father has been dead for more than fourteen years, taken by the sea.

Along with the mysterious letters, townspeople start to vanish. When the Elite Guard refuse to give any answers, Mary decides to go in search of her own.

Then, suddenly, on one of her delivery routes, she encounters Noel, a young man washed up on the shore, nearly dead. She discovers that he is an outsider who was raised beyond the reach of the IO. Though he is blind, Noel claims to have seen things that Mary can hardly imagine—things she thinks can only be delusions. Yet, despite her presumptions, he harbors a devastating secret that will shatter her entire world.

When Mary begins untangling a twisted web of lies, she attracts the unwanted attention of the Elite Guard—including the province commissioner, Lucan—all of who will stop at nothing to keep their secrets buried. As her treacherous crusade with Noel unfolds, Mary finds she must choose for herself what to accept as truth, when she has been told all her life what to believe.

My second novel (more like a novella) I will be posting to YWS.

The novel is called Asunder and I am dividing it into four parts-
Book One: The Falling
Book Two: The Claiming
Book Three: The Sundering
Book Four: The Emerging

The novel is somewhat like a dark fairy tale.

Synopsis for Asunder:

Elias, a forlorn mariner, is beckoned by the forbidding sea-side village of Arbormere, where the people are somber, fearful, and live under the menacing shadow of the mountains. His world is suddenly brightened by Prudence, an herbalist's acolyte, who, despite the bitter village, is clever and beautiful.

Against the people's forewarnings, particularly those of village elder Michal, Elias prepares to settle into Arbormere and begins to court Prudence. However, the longer he stays, the more secrets he uncovers, predominantly the people's immersion in a mysterious ceremonial called The Claiming, in which one person is lured into the mountains every full moon.

He gathers that Michal has powerful secrets of her own, secrets she has vowed to take with her to her grave, secrets that could both save and ruin Arbormere.

Then, devastation strikes when Prudence is Claimed, and Elias realizes he must acquire Michal's help, or his beloved will be entirely lost.

He learns of the dismal, bloodstained history of Arbormere. Furthermore, Michal reveals that beyond the deadly stretch of forest, within the belly of the mountains, lurks an entity of unimaginable evil vying to enslave every man, woman, and child.

And it has Claimed the heart of Prudence.

As Elias begins to grasp how much he will need to sacrifice to save Prudence, he becomes a participant, not only in the accursed rituals of the crumbling village, but in the unexpectedly intimate struggle between good and evil.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 pm
Nike says...

I actually have many novels in the working... like forever being written. I finished one which is I Hate Him and that I am not proud of. I hate that book D:< I wish I finished something better than that.

But now I'm working on a few things, don't want to ruin them. So when I finish, I will post. Hopefully they will be a w e s o m e.
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:30 pm
ToritheMonster says...

XD oh, my fellow 'maybe's. I was getting into one early in the school year, but as my work has piled up I started writing less and less to the point where I'm not sure anymore.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 am
StoneHeart says...

Book one of the Netheron Chronicles.

Welcome to Netheron.

A land on the brink of a war in which it has no hope.
It's ancient protectors have returned to their own lands, and it is now left virtually unprotected, helpless in the hands of the Halavarde warlord . . .
Or so some would like to think . . .
But there is one who still has the power in him to turn the tide of the ancient war . . . to bring and end to a dispute that has spanned centuries . . .

In a world shaped by secrets, this unlikely hero must find the truth about everything he knows . . . including himself.

work.php?id=99746#c349570

This is only the prologue.

I'm trying to get this whole site figured out, and once I've figured it out, I'll add the rest of it . . .
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help