14%
20+
1%

Total votes : 433

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:14 am
stargazer9927 says...

I actually wasn't born with the love (or the talent) of writing. When I was a child I hated English, and I hated the reading homework we had to do as well as writing papers. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but when I was in elementary school I was in a special class for my reading and I hated it. I felt stupid and I always told myself I was a math girl and not an English girl. I've liked coming up with stories for as long as I could remember, but the thought of writing one of them down on paper or picking up a book was horrifying to me.

Then when I was in middle school things changed. I started not to mind English and even started to read. I grew to love reading more than I ever thought I would, and then the next year I had an amazing English teacher that changed everything for me. Right before I entered high school (around thirteen or fourteen) I started to write my first novel from an idea my sister gave me. I was just messing around at the time, but I had no idea what it would lead to. Now I'm majoring in English and it's basically my life. Plus I've written tons of novels since then. Some of us don't find our passion until later in life ;) I didn't even admit to myself that I loved it so much I wanted to make it my life until the end of my junior year.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 pm
Carlito says...

I remember creative writing time in 2nd grade was literally the greatest thing ever. (I still have the hand-written stories I wrote...pure gold). :) I first started trying to write a novel in middle school I believe and I had three major ideas and they all sucked epically (I remember one was a rip-off of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants). I didn't start writing seriously until high school and I didn't become serious about trying to become published and what not until end of high school/early college.

Thanks Ms. Russell!! :) (2nd grade teacher).
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:12 am
sarahjane97 says...

I first got into writing in fourth grade, thanks to the crazy encouragement of my English teacher. Now when I look back on those writings, I have no idea what she saw in them. xD
Cool poll by the way. :3

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:33 am
crossroads says...

My mom found me an old picture of me writing :3
I was so cute as a little girl.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:11 pm
IcyFlame says...

At aged 5 I wrote a story that was basically the three little pigs where I changed the ending. I got a silver cup for it!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:30 am
DudeMcGuy says...

Wohoo "20+"! Better late than never! (But really? only 1%? DudeMcGuy feels DudeMcOld... :( . )
When I was young I used to have problems finishing my sentences, but now I

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:39 pm
CelticaNoir says...

I remember writing some pretty awful fanfics and plays when I was five xD I've always loved stories and I thought writing my own would be pretty fun. I used to make little drawings on top of the characters and really elaborate titles, and then I used to shove them away into unused shelves in our apartment. My mum was not amused. ;D
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:08 pm
firstflamenow says...

I grew up in a writing family. I've always been fascinated with the concept, and figured I'd turn into a writer like all seven of my older siblings, but I only recently became serious about.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:38 am
Stori says...

Eight? Nine? Then? I don't remember exactly when. That rhymes. But I do remember being inspired by the Redwall books.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:13 am
Pencil2paper says...

I really started writing when I was six. I wrote a page and a half story about a princess that was trapped in a tower by her evil uncle Rancid (I knew it meant something along the lines of 'stinky' but I thought no one would be afraid of a guy named Stinky). I wrote a leprechaun story when I was eight that made it into the school's literary magazine and a story I wrote the year after about a friendly alien who loved to eat guacamole, which, at the time, I spelled it 'gwakamolay'. I've loved to read and make up stories ever since I could read.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:42 am
deleted17 says...

I uh, actually didn't start 'reading' until I was seven. I knew that I was destined to be a writer since I was around eight or ten. I don't know why, but when your not entertained, you entertain yourself, which gives you A LOT of creativity. A LOT.
Have your chin up, and speak up.Otherwise, nothing will get done.And what you need to say, will never be heard.Just be confident in what you say, and stand by it

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:26 pm
writerwithacause says...

During highschool, when I was lonely...
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:38 am
TriSARAHtops says...

The first time I can remember loving writing was when I was in grade 2, but it wasn't until I was 10 that I thought of writing as a possible career to strive towards. It was about then that I really started writing stories and creating ideas that I might write about for fun, rather than just at school.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:19 am
XxKaixX says...

I remember when I was back in elementary school and I just wrote stuff in this red composition book that I still have. It's filled with random ideas and pictures of anime characters that I liked. The ideas are good, but I just don't want to read what I wrote back in fifth grade. I stopped about half way throughout the book. I may actually use them some of them in one of my new stories. :D
A Story is like a painting.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:21 pm
LittleCaroleen says...

When I was a kid, my dad owned his own newspaper and I remember going to the printing place to get the new issue every month. That was my favorite time of the month. You could smell the ink fresh off the presses. It was the greatest thing. I remember how my dad use to spend hours and hours in his office constantly typing and writing. I always had an interest in what one could come up with in the written language. I didn't actually write my first real story until I was nine. It was horrible. I tried to write a fairytale. I remember feeling so accomplished because it was soo long. One and a half pages, surely this was a novel! After my dad realized I had a gift for it, he would let me write articles and things for his newspaper. I enjoyed it, but he had to change a lot of it and it made me mad. So I stopped writing for a "boss" and went into freelance writing. It didn't work out too well. I didn't even get any recognition until my freshman year when I won a prize for an enviromental poem during earth week. It's been a rough ride, friends.

My dad wasn't successful either. His local newspaper went out of business because he couldn't sell anymore ads. Now he's a bartender. It's seldom a writer has a happy ending.
LITTLE.CAROLEEN

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon