14%
20+
1%

Total votes : 433

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:32 am
Dragon99 says...

Technically I wrote my first book when I was four for a friend, but I was young then and thought that writing a 20 page picture book was nothing. I first began to be truly interested when I started writing a full length novel at the age of ten
The Pen Is Mightier Then Dragon Fire

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:00 pm
Zolen says...

From the moment i could think the world was an epic quest set out before me, ready to be explored and acknowledged. The only thing holding me back was my ability to read and write. From 2-5 I had pushed and shoved my idea's my plans, my dreams at anyone who would care to raise an ear. From 6 onward I have been writing to some extent (I would probably have a book or something out, but I am always....forgetful...and easily distracted).
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:09 pm
mooopsy says...

I started writing at the age of five. Throughout elementary school, I began to write lots of short stories. Let's just say I was kind of obsessed with it. In the span of one year, I wrote 85 short stories (this was in third grade.) I have still abandoned that genre, but due to personal events in my life, I have moved on to poetry. Long story short, I fell in love with it.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu May 29, 2014 1:08 am
Wolfi says...

I wrote "Doggielocks and His Three Owners" at 7 (I was obsessed with dogs.) I started writing a chapter book version of that at 8, and a true "book" about cowboys at 10, known as "The Legend of the Appaloosa."
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu May 29, 2014 4:20 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I basically only started writing when I was 14... so, like three years ago! XP
But I've been creating stories since I can remember. I literally played with Barbies until I was 13... I'm not proud of that... ( It's RPG people, come on!)

But I craved story telling, and thankfully my best friend is a lot younger then me. Once she got "too old" for Bardies, I was forced to take up the pen. And thus, I had to learn quickly, how to write, so I could catch up with the people who were born with a typewriter in hand.
100% autistic

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:30 pm
Firepower13 says...

I remember when I was seven or eight I had to write a story about a made-up superhero. I don't remember the details, but I know I made mine about a dog instead of a person. He turned into a wolf at night.
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Don't you have other things to do? Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:34 pm
steampowered says...

I wrote my first "stories" at the age of about 6 or 7... they're embarrassing (and often hilarious) to look back on, but I consider that to be when I got interested in writing.

I like to think I've improved since then...
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:02 pm
StarrySkies says...

I got interested really young because our house is very pro-books and pro-reading. My Mum is an author so that kind of helped because I knew writers were people, and I wanted to do what my Mum did.

Now I do it more because I've fallen in love with it, but that's definitely how I started out. . . :mrgreen:

Also, the first story I wrote was when I was five and it was called, "The Amazing Lucy".

Yeah. :shock:
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful and mysterious lights pass over us while we all pretend to sleep.
Welcome to Night Vale

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:26 am
Pretzelstick says...

Really,very recently I found my passion in writing!
I always wrote in school because my teachers told me to but I didn't really like it because there were always prompts and essays that I had to specifically do. I still don't like writing for school. I am creative and have a big,colorful and boundless imagination and I love fantasy. So to answer your poll question, I was about 12 or 13 when I started writing.
I started writing as an emotional outlet during tough times, then I would rip my sad writing into shreds and tear away at my anger.
Now I write because of my quote in my signature. Look at my signature quote, the reason that I write.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:11 am
Sunshine1113 says...

My first story was when I was 5 and turned a family album of a trip to Ireland into a book. Since then I would write on occasion and go through short periods where I would be writing. But I didn't officially get back into writing until I was 14. Then a year later I found this place. Haven't stopped writing since.
~Sun Goddess~

I will not condemn you for what you did yesterday, if you do it right today.
— Sheldon S. Maye