Pat Buchanan, of course
9%

Total votes : 353

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Meshugenah says...

I blame Nate.

(well, and Elelel and Crysi and a few others, but mostly Nate. For posting in YFW initially, and then taking everyone from there)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:05 pm
Mikko says...

I just had to vote Pat Buchana, I coldn't resist. But honestly, I searched "sites for young writers" on Google and... here I am. c:
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:56 pm
firstflamenow says...

All nine of my older siblings use this site, so I guess that would go under "Friend".

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:44 pm
ultraviolet says...

I think I read in a book somewhere that writing websites were good ways to get better at writing, so I Googled "website for young writers" and it was the first thing that came up. I guess I got lucky to find such a great place right away. :D
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:27 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

There should be an option for "Nate commented on my story."
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

When I was twelve and in my last months of seventh grade, I joined an online forum where you could basically talk about whatever was going on in the world, and there was a section where you could post your own stories. It hadn't been doing well at all (no one ever got any comments) and somebody posted a thread about it. One of the comments was "Join YWS. You'll always get reviews." I was intrigued, so I checked out the site. 3 and a half years later, and still hanging on.

All our dreams can come true β€” if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Through the TYWC chatwall, back in the day! (Eight years ago, in fact. Blimey.)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:43 pm
MaddieMonkey13 says...

I was on Google looking for websites to write on other than Fanfiction.net (Which by the way is really cool especially for all those Harry Potter fans out there :) ) So... Here I am :) I really like this website and I want to thank you fellow writers for being here.... LOL I'm going to stop, I'm starting to sound cheesy
MaddieMonkey:)

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 am
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

Pat Buchanan is the only applicable answer ever.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am
RomanceWriter says...

I was bored the day of my vocal contest my Sophomore year of high school, was looking for a writers chat room for some help on one of my stories, and I found my dear YWS family. :)
-Romancewriter

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:48 am
emoticon220 says...

I googled "young writers" or something like that looking for a place to compare/post/get ideas for my work...that was 3 years ago this month c:
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:01 am
Emerson says...

YWS was listed as a good site for young writers in the Writers Digest. :-D In their 100 website article they do every year, I believe.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:18 am
LadyPurple says...

I love talking about how I found the best site on the internet! I was looking up tips for young writers and there was a post full of tips (I think it was Snoink's?) and I read it and started clicking around. Then I realized I had to have an account to look at some of the stuff so that's what I did. Yeah.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:50 pm
kerirawrr says...

My friend knew I liked writing and she was already a member so she made me join ;)
"You still don't understand - I'm not stuck in here with you, you're stuck in here with me!" Rorschach, Watchmen
Conforming to Nonconformity since 1996.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:08 pm
ChocoCookie says...

I was chatting with TwistedMuffins and it started when I asked her where she was all that time because she hadn't come online for a long time. Then she told me she was in a heavenly like place sitting her heads off writing.

I asked her where that was and then she told me it was YWS. Then she kept on bugging me to join but I refused because I didn't very much like writing. I used to write when I was bored and all but funny that she didn't know that and still forced me to write. XDD Then she told me to go as a guest and give it a look. And so I did! ^^

After that, I have been sitting my butts off writing. xPP
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
— Robert Frost